Mating Ritual (Phi is Mine part 3)

It had taken several days but Rain was finally comfortable with Phayu feeding him, even when Saifah was present. Saifah's comfort level was a different story, but then again Phayu was pretty sure making Saifah uncomfortable was part of the fun.

"Aren't you the cutest?" Phayu tells Rain, causing the boy to give him a sunny smile.

"Oy, Phi Chai, did you forget that I was still here?" Saifah says, rolling his eyes.

"Well, when are you going to move out then," Phayu says.

"Oh, did you forget that this house is a shared inheritance." Saifah says, then decides to change the subject. "Are you going to take Rain to the Race next week?"

Rain looks at Phayu excited, "Race? What race? Is it like a mating ritual?"

Phayu raises his eyebrows at this and Saifah snorts. "No silly boy, a bike race." Phayu answers then says to Saifah, "I don't know, there are a lot of bad people."

"It's just a bunch of spoiled rich kids, but if they cause trouble, they'll get banned. You know that P'Pakin hates troublemakers the most. Besides, you're his favorite guy. There won't be any problems if you bring Rain. Don't you want Rain to see your world?." Saifah says.

"Please, P'Phayu, I want to see this racing custom of yours. Can I ask Sky to come as well? He loves research." Rain says, almost bouncing in his seat.

"Okay, fine good boy, but the races are a secret you and Sky can't talk to them about anyone." Phayu pauses and adds, "On this world. At the race if anyone asks tell them you are P'Phayu's mate." Phayu says with a grin. Saifah rolls his eyes at this. He had begun to get used to Rain's strange ways but the way Phayu was encouraging them was disconcerting.

"Since when do I like research?" Sky asks, studying Rain over his book.

"You love research, and this custom sounds so interesting. Two people ride big bikes back and forth on a circuit and the one that completes it faster wins." Rain says.

"What did they win?" Sky asks.

"It could be anything according to P'Phayu, money, reputation, even a mate." Rain says breathlessly.

"They have such strange mating rituals here." Sky says.

"They really do," Rain says, "Now promise you will go to the race with me? But they are secret, you can't talk about them with anyone."

"Secret, like not telling anyone we are from a parallel world here to study this one secret," Sky says pointedly.

"But, Skyyyyy, I had to tell P'Phayu he is my mate." Rain says

"Potential mate or have you finally been able to get your handsome phi to lick you back?" Sky says smugly.

Rain pouts at this, "I don't understand it, I have done all the usual things. I licked him and said the words. I went through all his things to let him know I cared about him, I even tried adapting to the customs of this world. I ate with him, I cooked for him, well after he taught me how, I even stared at him and slowly blinked. Nothing is working."

"Rain, I am pretty sure that last one is for cats. Anyway, why don't you try reading some of the books from this world? I think they are called 'self help books'." Sky says. "You can download some directly to your phone."

"Good idea," Rain says, taking out his phone to look. "We'll pick you up on the way to the race."

"Fine, although I know you just don't want to write the report on it." Sky tries to push Rain off when he hugs him.