Phi is mine

This is a rewrite of the drabble I licked it, it's mine
———————————————————————————

Rain stifles a yawn and tries his best to follow their team leader's speech but as the lecture drags on he finds his mind starting to wander. He glances around the lecture room to find anything interesting and a squirrel outside the window catches his eyes. He watches as it sits up and flexes its fluffy purple tail, munching on some delicacy it's found on the ground. It is so cute. Rain thinks how he would love to have a domesticated squirrel as a pet. His cousin has a pink one that he sometimes plays with when he goes to visit and Rain has always wanted a pet of his own. Unfortunately travelers aren't allowed to have pets for obvious reasons that they aren't home for years at a time. On top of that, pet licenses are outrageously expensive.

Sky nudges him and says, "Rain, will you please pay attention? This is important."

"Isn't this just the same things that they taught us in school?" Rain says sulkily.

"As I remember you either slept or daydreamed your way through most of those lectures as well." Sky says. "If I hadn't let you borrow my notes, would you have even passed?" This makes Rain sulk all that much harder because Sky is probably right.

To pass time as the lecture still goes on and on, Rain goes over their current assignment in his mind. Their assignment is on a relatively newly discovered parallel universe. The scientists have only been observing it for a couple decades and its status is still marked as primitive. Rain and Sky will be the very first long term travelers assigned to the world, although a team has gone ahead of them to set up their identities and living arrangements.

They will have a five year assignment posing as university students observing local traditions and filing monthly reports on what they learn. They will also have an option to renew after five years. Some travelers end up staying on their assigned worlds permanently.

Finally the lecture wraps up and Rain and Sky are taken to the transport room. They can't take a lot with them, basically only the clothes they are wearing and a packet containing all the documentation they will need, but arrangements are made for them to have a generous bank account and dorm room in their receiving world. Everything else they will have to buy once they arrive.

They are deposited a short way outside of the city of Bangkok to keep from causing widespread panic over two people just appearing out of nowhere. There they find transportation waiting to take them to their dorm. For tonight they decide to settle into their dorm, tomorrow will be soon enough to go shopping for what they need.

There is a long list of places Phayu would rather be on a Sunday afternoon than a packed mall. He would much rather be at the garage working on a bike or at home working on a model for instance. Phayu is currently thinking that Saifah is lucky he likes him because somehow his twin had talked him into helping pick out a gift for Saifah's girlfriend Oatkheam. Phayu decides he will make Saifah buy him dinner as he is waiting in the concourse of the mall for his brother to make his purchase of the necklace Phayu had helped him pick out.

Phayu looks up and sees the boy staring at him from across the way. The boy is certainly cute, just Phayu's type. A little shorter than Phayu, with pretty blond hair, large doe eyes, soft looking kissable lips with a natural pout. Phayu gives him a wink and is just thinking he might go over and see if he can get the cute boy's number when the boy start's towards Phayu instead. Phayu smirks a little at this, maybe coming to the mall today wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Phayu is used to his looks bringing him public attention. He is used to having admirers. He is even used to having people find him handsome. What he has never been prepared for is this boy that he had never seen before, coming up to him in public, licking his cheek and saying, "I licked phi, now phi is mine."