Cat Class and Cat Style (a hybrid story)

Sky looks at the newly built house and can't help but to feel a rush of pride. Although Pai had hired the best contracting firm in Bangkok to build it, the house itself has been completely designed by Sky. It is completely tailored to their family's needs. It is large and spacious with plenty of room inside and a large hybrid friendly play yard.

"What do you think?" He asks Rain and Phayu. He is holding their leashes loosely in his hands. Rain blinks at the house and coos. Sky can feel the contentment coming from him, so he likes what he sees. Phayu on the other hand only rubs his head against his mate. Typical Phayu only soft for Rain and the triplets, he couldn't care less about human matters as long as his family is safe and content.

"Hey!" Pai exclaims from behind him. Sky looks back and can't suppress a laugh. Pai is trying to untangle himself. The three-year-old kittens in their excitement at being in a new place have been racing around his legs and have managed to completely tangle him up in their leashes.

Sky drops the two leashes he is holding, knowing Rain and Phayu will stay in place regardless. Besides, they seem to enjoy the spectacle that their children are creating as much as Sky. Phayu is making a huffing sound that sounds suspiciously like laughter.

"Sit." Sky tells the rambunctious kittens, and they all immediately obey. Sky then untangles the leashes and frees Pai.

"Why won't they do that for me?" Pai pouts.

"You are too soft on them," Sky informs him.

Pai leads the kittens into the house, as he passes Phayu, who is still making that huffing sound, he says, "It's not too late for me to get you neutered you know." This is an empty threat but it shuts the cat up.

Once they are settled in, Pai's sister Phan and her wife Ple bring their eight-year-old daughter Mai to the house. Mist, Dew, and Frost immediately pile around Mai and drag her, giggling, out to see their play yard while the humans and grown hybrids look on in amusement. From the time Mai had been adopted into the family two years ago she and the hybrid kittens have become fast friends and are inseparable when her mothers bring the little girl to see them.

Rain leans up against Ple who scratches him on the head while Phayu curls up at Phan's feet. No one is sure why but although Pai and Phayu are the ones linked, Phan is the only human Phayu actually seems to like. Well except Mai but she is always with his kittens.

"Mae wants to throw you a housewarming party." Phan informs Pai.

Pai groans at this, but Sky says, "I will call her and arrange a date." Sky loves Pai's family, and the feeling is mutual. Pai sometimes gets a little jealous of the way they monopolize Sky whenever they are around.

"Does anyone else want a drink? I thought I would make coffee." Pai says, giving Phan a look as if trying to communicate with her.

Sky and Ple both agree coffee would be nice and Phan, catching on, says, "I'll come help."

Once alone in the kitchen Phan says, "what?"

Pai looks a little nervous and says, "I just wanted your opinion on something." He takes a small box from his pocket and shows her the ring. "Do you think Sky would like this?"

Phan squeals then puts a hand over her mouth before she can attract Ple's and Sky's attention. "Oh, Pai, it's beautiful. Sky will love it. When are you going to ask him?"

"Tomorrow. Tan is coming over to help watch the kittens and I am taking Sky out for our anniversary." He tells her. "Don't breathe a word to anyone okay, not even Mae."

Phan promises she won't and Pai knows that their entire family will know by morning. Hopefully if things go well, they can make the official announcement at the housewarming party.