It's only make believe

Rain takes a sip of soda and looks around the club at his fellow architecture students. He is beginning his second year at the faculty and this mixer is meant as a chance for the incoming freshman to get to know their seniors outside the university setting. It is also a chance for the second years and above to blow off some steam before they get too busy with the upcoming school year. Almost everyone from the faculty is there. There are even a few former students in attendance. Rain smiles as his eyes find one of these, and it's his code line senior at that. P'Phayu has never been anything but nice and helpful to Rain and he can't help but to admire this senior whose work has won so many awards even some while he had still been in school.

"P'Rain, there you are!" A girl says excitedly as she practically runs up to his table. Even since she was introduced to Rain earlier, she had been pretty much following him around and making not so subtle advances. Rain had tried to let her down gently but she just would not take no for an answer. Rain has done everything to convince her that she is perfectly lovely but just not his type. He has even told her that he is gay, which he actually is, but she doesn't believe him. For some reason she has it in her head that he is just playing hard to get. He really doesn't want to hurt her feelings, especially since she is his direct code line junior, but she is being relentless.

"N'Beam," he says with a sigh, "how can I help you?"

She puts a hand on his arm, which he gently removes. "P'Rain, we can go somewhere else if you like." She actually bats her eyelashes as him, Rain didn't even know people actually did that outside of dramas.

Rain resists the urge to facepalm, hard. "P'Beam, I already told you I'm not interested."

She smiles, putting her hand back on his arm again, only to have him once again remove it, "You are just so cute." She says giggling.

"Rain, is everything alright?" comes a familiar voice from behind him. Rain sighs in relief.

An idea occurs to Rain and he only hopes the man will forgive him for what he is about to say. Hopefully they can have a laugh over this later. "P'Phayu, meet Nong Beam she is our newest code line junior. N'Beam this is P'Phayu, my boyfriend."

P'Phayu raises an eyebrow at this but doesn't dispute Rain's words, he even lays a hand on Rain's shoulder as he says, "Nice to meet you, nong."

Beam has gone a little pale at this, she actually seems embarrassed for the first time. "Nice to meet you," she manages and gives the smallest wai.

"Nong, if you will excuse us, I really need to borrow Rain for a few minutes. You know boyfriend stuff." P'Phayu says with a grin.

Rain feels he might be in the slightest bit of trouble with the senior, well it is completely worth it to finally shut down Beam's advances.

"P'Phayu, I'm sorry." Rain says as soon as they are alone, "she just would not leave me alone."

He is surprised when P'Phayu bursts into laughter, "Rain, I'm not mad at you. To be honest, I have been there."

Rain looks at the handsome senior and thinks that yeah he probably has, much more so than Rain, but then P'Phayu is in a whole different league. 'And way out of mine.' Rain thinks this last part with a sigh.

"So you need a pretend boyfriend?" P'Phayu said with a grin, "I think that can be arranged."

Rain sighs in relief, P'Phayu is so unbelievably nice.

"So what does being a pretend boyfriend entail?" Rain asks uncertainty. To be honest he has never had much luck with real relationships. Many people found Rain to be a bit annoying. Besides which he has had an impossible secret crush for over a year now. 'Way out of my league,' he reminds himself again.