Always

Tonight you look like a dream
Then again you always do to me
After everything we've been through
I still just love to look at you
I can't promise you there won't be pain
I can't promise to remain the same
But when you're scared
I'll be there, tonight and always
One day we'll travel the globe
Adventure calls us and we'll go
But even if we don't that's okay
Long as I'm with you, that's where I'll stay
I can't promise you there won't be pain
I can't promise to remain the same
But when you're scared
I'll be there, tonight and always
I can't promise you there won't be pain
I can't promise to remain the same
But when you're scared
I'll be there, tonight and always
When you're scared

I'll be there, tonight and always

Phayu's eyes widen as Rain walks toward him. His boy is always cute but tonight he looks just like he stepped out of Phayu's dreams. His shoulder length blond hair is braided down one side and falling soft against his face on the other. His wide doe eyes always seem to have just a hint of wonder and innocence, Phayu hopes Rain never loses that look. His naturally pouty lips have just a touch of Rain's favorite gloss on them tonight, enhancing their beauty. He is wearing a black crop jacket over flared slacks cinched to accentuated his waist. Phayu loves putting his arms around Rain's waist and just holding him close.

After everything Rain went through with that asshole Stop, sometimes all Phayu wants to do is to promise to protect Rain and that there won't ever be any more pain, but unfortunately life doesn't work like that.

There will be more pain, and they will both change throughout the years, but he does promise that whenever Rain is scared, he will be there. Always.

Maybe someday they will travel, see all the sights and architecture of distant lands. Phayu would love nothing better than to share that with Rain. It would be nice having such great adventures together. Still, even if that never happens as long as they are together that's what's important.

Phayu lets his fingers brush the ring box in his pocket but that's not for tonight, that day is coming soon. He has a big event planned for the proposal and even hired the wedding planner that put Pai's and Sky's wedding together to help with it.

He remembers Rain saying that he wanted a bigger wedding than Sky's and has to bite back a smile. His boy is so cute. He will do everything in his power to give Rain the wedding of his dreams.

He finds the other box that is for tonight, a long thin one.

"P'Phayu, where are we going tonight?" Rain asks breathlessly as he reaches him.

"If I tell you, it won't be a surprise." Phayu says with a laugh.

They arrive at the restaurant early and sit at the bar waiting for their table. Rain looks around in amazement. "I thought this place was impossible to get a reservation in."

"Well then aren't you lucky to have such a capable boyfriend?" Phayu says with a laugh.

Rain looks at Phayu suspiciously, "Did P'Pai pull strings?"

"Isn't my boyfriend so clever?" Phayu says with a wink.

Before Rain could sulk at Phayu's teasing, the waitress comes to tell them that their table is ready. Phayu had chosen a table on the rooftop terrace. It is the correct choice. It is a beautiful night and the city looks dazzling from up here.

"Wow, P'Phayu this is beautiful." Rain says.

"Only the best for my boyfriend will do on our anniversary." Phayu says.

"Anniversary? That's not for another two months." Rain says slightly panicked as if he wasn't sure.

"I mean the anniversary of the night I stopped to change the tire for a cute boy." Phayu says.

Rain pouts at that, "It doesn't count." Rain says.

Phayu reaches into his jacket pocket and pushes the ring box to the side. He finds what he is looking for and pulls out the small thin box. "If it doesn't count then I guess you don't want this then?"

Rain says, "Fine, it counts, but don't expect a gift from me."

"Oh, I am sure we'll come up with something later," Phayu teases, drawing one of Rain's pretty blushes.

Rain opens the box and lets out a gasp. There is a platinum and black bracelet inside with the word, "Always" engraved into it.

Rain lets his finger trail over the word before flinging himself into Phayu's arms and kissing him.

"Always." Rain agrees.

************************

Notes: This was one of our server games fics for September. My prompt for the Song Fic Exchange was Always by I fight dragons