The Internship

Rain is staring, he knows he is staring and some vague voice in the back of his head tells him that he shouldn't be staring. Rain can not help but stare though because across from him is the most beautiful man Rain has ever seen in his life.

"Rain, are you listening to me?" His friend Ple tugs on his arm to get his attention. Rain uses all his effort to drag his attention back to the girl. He has to lean in closer to hear what she is saying because the music is loud. Sky's boyfriend has hired a top notch DJ for this party and while the music is awesome it isn't a good environment to hold a conversation.

"I asked, where are you going to intern?" She repeats.

Oh right, this whole party, held in one of the most expensive hotels in Bangkok, is a way to blow off steam before they start their internships on Monday. So of course where everyone is interning is the question of the hour.

"A small company, but they have a top notch reputation. I heard one of the lead architects has won global recognition with some of his designs. I only hope I get a chance to work with him. What about you?" Rain asks.

She frowns, "P'Som insisted I apply with his company and now I am stuck with it. I hope I don't end up working with him." Rain can't imagine what it would be like to have a bossy older brother in the same field. He nods sympathetically. Ple looks over his shoulder and spots someone across the room, "Oh, Mai, is signaling for me, she must want me to rescue her from a boring conversation. See you later, Rain. Good luck on your internship."

"You too," Rain says, making her grimace.

Rain smiles as he watches Ple join her girlfriend. Once, a long time ago, Rain had a puppy dog crush on Ple. It had been during their freshman year to be precise, but that had been before Rain had met P'Kitt. Rain sighs, he has promised himself he won't think of his ex tonight. It has been six months since Rain had been unceremoniously dumped in favor of a woman P'Kitt had met at a club. Good riddance, Rain tells himself now.

He isn't really in the mood to party if he is being honest, he'd only agreed to come because Sky had begged him. Maybe now is a good time to make his excuses and leave. Rain looks around the banquet room for Sky but he has disappeared, probably off with his boyfriend, P'Pai somewhere. This party was P'Pai's gift to Sky but it would be just like them to ditch their own party for some alone time. Bleh, those two have no respect for single people.

"Here alone?" A deep voice almost croons into his ear giving Rain the most pleasant of butterflies in his stomach. Rain turns his head and his breath stops, he is almost nose to nose with the beautiful man he had been staring at earlier. Rain loses all ability to form coherent thoughts as he drowns in the man's dark eyes.

"So handsome." Rain breathes, only realizing he said the words out loud when he sees the amused quirk of the other's lips.

"Do you want to go somewhere we can talk?" The man says. Rain shivers pleasantly at the emphasis placed on the word, promising anything but talk. "I have a room here in the hotel."

"Okay," Rain says, humming happily. He's suddenly very glad that Sky talked him into coming to this party after all.

The man pulls him into the elevator barely letting the doors close before the man is pressing him against the wall and kissing him. Rain eagerly returns the kiss, placing his hand at the open neck of the man's shirt. The touch of his hand against the naked skin of the man's throat is almost electric. Rain wants nothing more than to touch every inch of this gorgeous man. They only stop long enough to move from the elevator to the senior's room. He throws a hand around Rain's waist as they walk down the hall. It's as if he can't bear to stop touching Rain for even this long.