Rain is unlucky

Rain has a sunny and open personality and is well liked by everyone around him. He makes friends easily and is popular enough, although a few people find his tendency to talk a lot a little annoying. That has never bothered him though. In honesty, Rain only had one problem, but it was a big one.

The thing is Rain was born unlucky. This wasn't just something he said when some minor inconvenience hit or he forgot where he put his keys or when he spilled his coffee. For him this was just a fact of life. Rain's grandmother had often said Rain was born under a bad sign. Things broke when he touched them. Items disappeared just when Rain needed them the most. Days that were predicted to be sunny would suddenly turn rainy and stormy if Rain were invited to a pool party or a picnic. Drinks got spilled, food got dropped, when Rain drove every light seemed to be red and traffic jams were a daily occurrence. Rain hardly even ever dared to eat in a restaurant, he'd learned that lesson after having food poisoning 10 times in six months.

Many people might have given up if they were in Rain's position, but Rain was a fighter. He just learned to always be prepared for everything.

Rain isn't surprised when he has a blown tire on the way home from Sky's dorm. Even though his dad had brand new tires put on before passing the BMW down to Rain. This was just typical for Rain. He picks up his phone and finds out it's dead. His phones all seem to have an unusually short battery life. Of course, it's also pouring rain.

Rain is startled by the tapping on the window. He looks over to see a man on a big, beautiful superbike staring in at him. Rain rolls down the window wondering if he is about to be stabbed but the man offers to look at his tire for him.

Rain grabs his umbrella, intending to shelter the man from the rain as he changes the tire, but notices the rain has stopped. "That's lucky." Rain thinks then freezes. Those words sound so very off in his head.

Rain gets out of the car anyway and watches as the man finishes changing the tire and puts the blown one in his trunk.

When the man turns back to him and pulls down his gaiter, Rain is pretty sure his brain stops working. This is the most handsome man Rain has ever seen in his life. "You're so handsome." Rain couldn't help but to blurt out. He was embarrassed and tried to take the words back, but the handsome biker just said, "Thank you for the compliment."

"So damn cool." Rain thought about the biker as he got back in the car. Only when he drives off does he realize that except for the blown tire nothing else happens that is bad. What a weird day.

🌪️******** 🌪️

Everyone says Phayu was born lucky. No matter what he does, everything seems to come out right. He is a wonder with everything from electronics to engines. Lost items seem to magically appear when he is around. Games and contests are never lost when he is participating. Even lottery tickets seem to always be winners when Phayu is present the day they are bought. Everybody wants to be Phayu's friend because so many good things happen around him. Phayu hates it, it feels as if almost no one actually wants to be around him, just his good luck.

Phayu is surprised by the torrential rainfall on a day when he decided to take his bike to work. It seems like an unusual bout of bad luck, something he never experiences. It's actually a bit refreshing.

Phayu slows down when he sees the black BMW ahead of him having trouble. He decides to stop and see if he can help.

As he changes the tire, he thinks about the cute boy and wonders if he should try to get his number. In the end though he lets him drive off without asking for a name or a number.

A few days later Phayu is pleasantly surprised when his seniors send him a message including the picture of the newest member of their code line. It's the boy he changed the tire for. Phayu had considered skipping the code line dinner this year, but now he wouldn't miss it for the world. He is lucky he received the text.