Liam hurt on stage

Liam's pov

We are half way through our on the road again tour. Zayn has just left the band. We are messing around on stage. Louis and I are chucking water over each other. I run away as fast as I can to try and get away from Louis. It all happened so quick. One second I am upright running, the next I am slipping over and landing on my left arm funny and I hit my head on the stage and probably my microphone.

Louis pov

Me and Liam are messing around on stage as usual. We both start running. Liam suddenly slips and lands on his arm with a thud and hits his head on the floor and microphone. I run over to my boyfriend and kneel down beside him. I ask "You alright Li." Liam looks up at me blankly before throwing up all over himself, the stage and me. He says "Lou. My head and arm hurts." I say "I know Li, I know. Let's sit you up" I gently pull Liam to sit up. I keep a steadying hand on Liam's back. He closes his eyes tight and I ask "You alright babe?" Liam whines and says "Dizzy" I nod and Niall comes over and says "Paul said to get Liam off stage. There is paramedics waiting." I nod and ask Liam "Li do you think you can walk for me?" Liam shakes his head slowly. I decide to carry him. I gently lift him up and carry him off stage.

I carry him over to the stretcher and lay him down. Liam gags again and Paul puts a bin underneath his chin. I gently rub his back as he starts to throw up. Liam starts crying. He says between gags "Lou. Don't. Go" I gently kiss his forehead and say "I'm still here babe. I promise." Liam gags and throws up once more and the paramedic asks Liam "What's your name?" He says "Liam Payne." The paramedic nods and asks "Who is your friend that is next to you?" He responds "Louis Tomlinson" the paramedic nods and asks "What is the name of your band?" Liam responds "One direction" the paramedic nods and says "It is just a mild concussion. I do want to check the back of his head as there is a bit of blood on the stretcher" I nod and take Liam's hand. The paramedic gently touches the back of Liam's head. Liam instantly whimpers and starts crying harder. The paramedic gently pushes Liam's hair out of the way and the paramedic says "He has quite a deep cut on the back of his head. We need to get him to the hospital" Liam starts crying more and says "Lou don't let me" I say "The hospital will help you feel better. I promise." Liam cries more and Paul says "Lou go with him. Management is going to postpone the concert anyways." The paramedic nod and say "No point in upsetting him more than he already is" I nod and say "Hey I'm coming with you. Stop those tears. I don't like it when you cry." I gently wipe Liam's tears away and I follow the paramedics to the ambulance.

Once we arrive at the hospital. The doctors allowed me to go in with Liam as he was refusing to let go of my hand and kept on crying. I am holding Liam to my chest so that the doctors can get to the back of Liam's head but also making sure that Liam's left arm isn't being crushed between us. The doctors give Liam some numbing cream and they wait a few minutes before they start putting the stitches in Liam's head. Liam instantly starts crying. I gently rub his back and kiss his forehead. The doctor says "I'm all done now. I'll get an X-ray room ready and come and get you when it is ready." I nod and the doctor leaves the room.

I say to Liam "Hey babe. Don't cry. It's all over now. He says "My arm really, really hurts" I sigh and say "I know babe. I know." A couple of minutes later the doctor walks back in and says "There is a room ready now." I nod and say "Could he have some painkillers. His arm is really bothering him" the doctor nods and gives Liam a pill and a bottle of water already opened. Liam instantly takes the pill and we go down to x-ray. Once we are down in x-ray I get told to stand behind the screen. Liam instantly starts crying again as I let go of his hand. I say "Hey I'm going to be just behind the screen. You will still be able to see me. I promise" Liam nods but continues to cry.

Once the x-ray is done we get taken back to our room and I am cuddling in bed with Liam. He has exhausted himself with all of his crying. Liam is falling asleep against me. I take a selfie of us and send it to the group chat, I put a caption saying 'Liam has got stitches in the back of his head and we are just waiting for the results of the X-ray. He has exhausted himself by crying so much. He is now asleep. My poor Lili.' Niall responds to the message saying 'Aww poor Li. Give him a hug from me' Harry responds "Yeah poor Liam. Do you know if you will be home tonight or not?' I respond back 'In not sure. I'll message back in a minute. Liam's doctor has walked through the door'

I put my phone down and ask the doctor "How's his arm?" The doctor says "His arm is broken. He will need surgery to fix it. We are prepping a room now for him." I nod and the doctor says "You can keep him asleep. We will still give him anaesthetic to keep him asleep throughout the procedure. He should be out in an hour or so." I nod and ask "When will we be able to go home?" The doctor says "Tomorrow morning at the the earliest." I nod and get of the bed. The doctor wheels Liam out of the door and I smile sadly.

About an hour later still Louis pov

Liam gets wheeled in again. He is wearing a cast up to the middle of his bicep. I smile sadly and ask "How did the surgery go doctor?" The doctor says "It went well. There was no complications." I nod and the doctor says "Buzz if you need anything" I nod and the doctor leaves the room and I get on the bed next to Liam. Liam instinctively cuddles into my side in his sleep.

The next morning still Louis pov

Liam has been released from the hospital. Paul has just pulled up besides us and I help Liam into the van and strap him in. I sit down next to him and strap myself in and Paul drives us to the hotel.

A few weeks later no one's pov

Liam's head felt better the next day. After 8 weeks Liam got his cast off and he felt much better. He thanked Louis and the other boys for looking after him over the 8 weeks he had the cast on for.