Liam insomnia

Liam's pov

We have just finished our take me home tour. It is 3am I haven't been able to sleep since a couple of weeks before the end of the tour. Both me and Louis (my boyfriend) are at my parent's house. I am exhausted. I quietly get out of bed so I don't wake Louis up. I quietly go downstairs and I get a glass of water then I sit down at the table. I slowly drink some water. When I finish my water I lay my head down on the table and I close my eyes.

I must have fallen asleep at some point in the night because I get woken up by my mum shaking me. My mum says "Liam why are you asleep at the kitchen table?" I shrug and say sleepily "I couldn't sleep last night so came down here." I rub my eyes and my mum says "Why don't you go back upstairs and get a few more hours sleep." I nod and ask "What time is it?" Mum responds "it is 6am." I nod and sleepily stand up and walk upstairs. I walk into my room and get back into bed next to Louis. I lay down and try to go back to sleep but I can't. I lay awake for another hour before Louis wakes up. Louis looks at me and says "How long have you been awake for?" I shrug and say "About an hour I think." Louis nods. We lay in bed talking for another half an hour before we decide to go downstairs.

My mum says "Morning boys. Did you manage to get anymore sleep Liam?" I shrug and shake my head. My mum says "Li, how long have you not been able to sleep for?" Louis looks at me worriedly and I say "Since a couple of weeks before the end of the tour." I lay my head on the table and my mum says "Li we need to get you to the doctor. We need to see why you are not sleeping too much. I pout and say "I don't want to go to the doctor mum." My mum says "I know you don't. But it isn't healthy for you not to get any sleep." I nod and say "I know mum. Fine I'll go." My mum nods and calls the doctor for me.

A few days later still Liam's pov

I have been referred to a sleep clinic as nothing else is working. We are waiting in the waiting room for my name to be called. A few minutes later my name gets called Louis and my mum both stand up and Louis pulls me up and drags me to the room. The doctor says "Hello, I understand that you are here for a sleep analysis." I nod.

A few hours later still Liam's pov

I have just finished the sleep analysis and the doctor says "We are going to prescribe some sleeping pills. You can only have them for 1 week because they can have some serious side effects." We all nod and the doctor hands the prescription. We walk out of the doctor's office and down to the pharmacy and my mum hands over the prescription and we get given it.

A few weeks after no one's pov

Liam took his sleeping pills for 1 week and he felt a lot more rested than he had done in a while. Liam still sometimes had trouble sleeping but he managed to sleep most of the night.