Liam injured in a house fire (request)

Requested by-  _liamslove

Prompt- please could you do one where Liam gets injured in a house fire.
—————————————————————————

Liam's pov

We have just finished our on the road again tour. I have just been woken up by the fire alarm. I open my door and I hear the boys downstairs. I hear the front door open. I rush down the stairs and I am engulfed by flames. I cover my mouth and nose with my arm and I get down low and try to find my way to the front door. I can't really see where I am going. I think I am almost at the front door. I continue to try to make my way to the front door when I hear something break and fall. I feel it land on my back. I scream in pain and push it off my back causing me to burn my hands. I start coughing and spluttering and soon all I see is darkness

Niall's pov

Our house is on fire. We all stand and watch as the roof caves in. I look around at the other boys and I notice that Liam isn't here. I instantly say "Liam." I try to run back in but Louis holds me back and I say "My Liam is still in there. We need to rescue him" Louis says "Ni the fire brigade will rescue him. The house isn't safe." I hear Liam scream over the roaring flames. I try and break free but both Harry and Louis are now holding me back

A couple of minutes later someone comes out carrying someone. They put the person on the floor. I manage to escape from Louis and Harry's grip. I rush over to Liam followed by Louis and Harry. I see Liam on the floor having CPR. We hear sirens getting louder and the fire fighter says "Everyone stand back the ambulance is coming through." Louis and Harry pull me back. The ambulance arrives and loads Liam up into the ambulance and speeds off. Harry asks "Do you know what hospital he is being taken to?" The firefighter says "He is being taken to the royal London hospital." We all nod and we go to Harry's car.

Harry drives us to the royal London hospital. When we arrive Harry parks as close as he can and we all rush in. I go up to the receptionist and ask "Liam Payne got taken here. Do you know how he is?" The receptionist asks "Name and relation to him?" I say "Niall Horan. Boyfriend" the receptionist says "I'll get his doctor to come and talk to you." I nod and go over to the other boys. I say "They are going to get his doctor to come and talk to us." They both nod and a doctor comes over to us and says "Who is Niall Horan?" I say "Me but you can talk to the other boys as well. They are his friends" the doctor nods and says "Follow me. I'll take you to his room and explain his injuries on the way. He is awake and asking for you Niall" I nod and the doctor leads us towards Liam's room.

On the way there the doctor starts explaining "Liam has suffered a few major burns. He has suffered a large third degree burn on his back due to something falling on his back? He has a couple of third degree burns on his legs as well, he has a few second degree burns on his hands from trying to push the burning thing off his back. He has a couple of minor burns on his face. The burns on his face should heal within a couple of weeks without any scarring but the other burns will more than likely take a little longer to heal and will probably scar as well." We all nod and the doctor continues "He breathed in quite a bit of smoke so he has an oxygen mask on at the moment. He is allowed to take the mask off to talk if he struggles to talk with it on but he has to keep it on when he isn't talking for tonight. We will keep him over night tonight and show you how to care for his burns." We all nod and the doctor says "Here is his room" we nod and the doctor opens the door and smiles when he sees us.

I sit down on the chair next to his bed and ask "How do you feel Li?" Liam shrugs and says "I hurt everywhere" I nod and say "I'm not surprised. I wish I could have gone in to get you before you got burned Li" Liam smiles at me and says "It was dangerous Ni. You could have gotten hurt." I nod and say "You did get hurt though Li. I don't want you to be hurt." Liam smiles at me and says "Gentle cuddle Nini" I nod and get on the bed next to him. He cuddles into me and I gently rap my arms around him so that I don't hurt him more. I ask "Is that alright babe?" Liam nods and falls asleep. The other boys decide to go home whilst I am staying with Liam.

The next morning still Niall's pov

I have been shown how to change Liam's bandages and how to clean the burns so they don't get infected. We are waiting for Louis to pick us up. Liam says to me "My hands and back really hurt Ni." I nod and say "I know babe. I'll help you I promise." Liam nods and leans his head on my shoulder. I ask "How's your face?" Liam shrugs and says "It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as my back and hands and legs" I nod and Louis pulls up besides us. I help Liam in the car. Liam whimpers and arches his back slightly as he comes into contact with the back of the seat. I gently rub his arm and kiss his forehead. I help him strap in and I get in the car next to him and strap myself in. Louis asks "Are we ready to go? We are going to a hotel for now. We will figure everything else out when Liam is in less pain" I nod and Louis drives off to the hotel.

A few weeks later no one's pov

The burns on Liam's face healed in one week. The burns on his hands took 3 weeks to heal properly. The burns on his legs took a month to heal properly and the burn on his back took 2 months to heal properly. The boys found a new house and brought everything they needed for the house and Liam thanked Niall and the boys for looking after him whilst he was in pain.