Chapter 2: INTRODUCTIONS

Once Hajime and Nagito left the beach, they were met with multiple locations to check out. First, they walked towards a small building that looked useful in helping them escape this island, an airport. When he thought about it, an island with an airport gave Hajime some hope. After all, an airport would mean that this island isn't... or wasn't uninhabited all this time. People visited this island, but he couldn't understand what happened to the previous residents. Usami might know something, but would she actually tell him? That's the big question.

Hajime: 'This is an airport, right? So... those things over there must be...' After entering the airport, Hajime and Nagito found themselves in a terminal, a place where people would wait for their flight to arrive. Outside, the boys could see multiple planes and private jets near the landing strip. "Airplanes? Couldn't we use those planes to escape this island?"

Jumpsuit Guy: "Nah, that's impossible. If they were damaged, I could fix them, but it looks like these planes are just for show." Hajime's complete focus was on the planes, so he didn't even see this guy approach him and Nagito.

Hajime: "Just for show?"

Jumpsuit Guy: "The engines have been completely removed, nothing I can do about that."

Hajime: "Completely removed?" Whoever brought them to this island must've done that, the same person who's controlling Usami. 'Who's doing this? And why did they bring everyone to this island in the first place? And how?' The more Hajime thought about it, the less sense it made.

Kazuichi: "Oh yeah, that reminds me, you and I haven't been introduced yet, right? Name's Kazuichi Soda. I'm the Ultimate Mechanic, nice to meet ya."

Nagito: "As expected from someone called the Ultimate Mechanic, Kazuichi is a savant when it comes to fixing machines

Nagito: "As expected from someone called the Ultimate Mechanic, Kazuichi is a savant when it comes to fixing machines. If he says it's impossible to fix these planes, it's truly beyond repair."

Kazuichi: "Even so, to actually remove the engine, whoever's keeping us here must've planned this to a T."

Hajime: "You think so too, huh... doesn't that seem pretty strange to you?"

Kazuichi: "Yeah, it's pretty strange, but I think it's an acceptable level of strange, you know?"

Hajime: "Huh?"

Kazuichi: "Well, think about it. It's not like we're being forced to do something dangerous or anything, that was mentioned in the safety precautions for this school trip. Remember? The school trip guidelines written in the e-Handbook?" In order to prove that Kazuichi wasn't lying, Hajime reached into his pocket and pulled out his e-Handbook, quickly finding the guidelines that the mechanic was talking about.

Rule 1: Extreme violence is prohibited on this island. Please live peaceful and relaxing lives with your fellow classmates.

Rule 2: Be considerate of each other and work together to obtain Hope Fragments.