Chapter 30: VALUE OF ART

*Ding dong, bing bong*

Monokuma: "Ahem! Hope's Peak Academy's school trip executive committee has an announcement to make. Good morning, everyone! Looks like today is going to be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!"

Hajime: "Phew..." It's been a while since Hajime got a good night sleep, his head felt clearer thanks to that. After he spent time at the beach with Chiaki last night, he fell into a deep sleep once he got back to his cottage. "All right, I should head over to the restaurant." As he opened the door to his cottage and walked outside, he couldn't help but notice Mikan enter the Hotel Site from the main gate. Hajime closed his cottage door and decided to greet the Ultimate Nurse, maybe she had more info about Fuyuhiko's condition. "Good morning, Mikan."

Mikan: "Ah, Hajime... good morning. Um... it's almost time to meet with everyone at the restaurant, right?"

Hajime: "Yeah, I was about to go as well."

Mikan: "I'm so glad... I went to check on Fuyuhiko, so I thought I was late."

Hajime: "I see, you're so busy this morning."

Mikan: "N-Not at all... I'm only useful in situations like this anyway."

Hajime: "How's Fuyuhiko doing? Actually, it might be better to ask you at the restaurant when everyone's together."

Mikan: "I understand... then I shall go on ahead." That's what she said before leaving him behind as she started walking towards the hotel. Before Hajime could do the same, he noticed a few more people around the pool, so he decided to chat with them for a bit. He could see Nekomaru and Gundham standing on one end of the pool while Akane, Ibuki and Hiyoko were at the other end, the end closer to the hotel's main entrance.

Hajime: "Yo, Gundham."

Gundham: "Kehehe, for you to actually greet me in the morning... I praise your admirable endeavour, slave."

Hajime: 'When did I ever become your slave?'

Gundham: "Speaking of slaves... Peko was also a foolish soul..."

Hajime: "Huh?"

Gundham: "I accept her desire to merely remain her owner's loyal tool. However... that's a limitation of base creatures. My Four Dark Devas of Destruction are not tools, nor are they slaves. They are healthy underlings... and also friends whose loyalty is matched by their devotion to military rule! At times, we clash over our ideals and our tempers flare. But that only bolsters our power and allows us to reach greater heights! That is why I will one day exist as the Supreme Overlord of this world!"

Hajime: "..."

Gundham: "Hmph... just as I thought, apparently it's too difficult for a simple human to understand..." That was the last thing to say before he started heading to the restaurant like Mikan before him.

Hajime: "Friends, huh..." What he said did sound cool, but the fact that his friends are hamsters is a bit problematic. "Uh, hey... Nekomaru-"

Nekomaru: "Your voice is too soft! Project your voice more from your stomach!" Does he really have to be this loud first thing in the morning?

Hajime: "G-Good morning!"

Nekomaru: "Hahaha! All right, now your voice will reach the sun! And... to our departed, Mahiru and Peko."

Hajime: "...You're right, I'm sure they heard it."

Nekomaru: "I'm just a team manager... therefore, I don't know anything about art. However... when I saw Mahiru's photos for the first time, my vulgar heart was greatly shaken! Truly, that is a splendid thing! It's a pity what happened to Mahiru, but I will never forget how she taught me the value of art!"