Chapter 45: RESPECT

Things were pretty blurry at the beginning, but everything around Hajime began to get clearer the longer he kept his eyes open. He found himself in his assigned Crummy Room, which means that being trapped in the Funhouse wasn't a bad dream. But ever since Hajime arrived on Jabberwock Island, he was secretly hoping that everything that's happened since arriving was a bad dream.

Hajime: "It's... morning already?" Now that Monokuma wasn't making his morning and evening announcements while everyone's in the Funhouse, Hajime didn't feel like his usual self anymore. "There should be a clock in the lounge... I should head over there and see what time it is." He slept in a crappy-looking futon, exactly what you'd expect from being in the Crummy Room. The Standard Room probably had a normal bed, while the Deluxe Rooms had the best beds money could buy. As he got out of his futon and left his room, he stepped into the lounge and directed his attention to the clock on the wall. "Let's see... the time is... 9am." It's later than when he's used to waking up, but it still counts as morning.

With no breakfast to look forward to, Hajime felt puzzled about what to do. In this kind of situation, panicking will accomplish nothing. It might be better if he spent time like he normally does for as long as he could. He could either go find someone to talk to or just go back to his room and rest.

Sonia: "Ah, Hajime, good morning." He turned around to see Sonia stepping into the lounge, she must've woken up a few moments ago.

Hajime: "Good morning."

Sonia: "It would seem as though Chiaki and Akane have not woken up yet, I do not wish to disturb them, so... would you please accompany me to the third floor?"

Hajime: "The third floor? Are you planning to visit the Monokuma Archive?"

Sonia: "Heavens, no. I wish to spend some time with you, I have not had the chance to be alone with you since we first arrived on this island. I believe it is long overdue."

Hajime: "You want to spend time with me?" All she did was nod in response, the fact that an actual princess wanted to hang out with him made Hajime feel like he didn't deserve it. But he's seen how Kazuichi addresses her, and he didn't plan on following in his footsteps. "Uh... sure, I don't mind."

Sonia: "Splendid!" With a smile on her face, Sonia reached over, grabbed Hajime's hand and began dragging him along with her as they made their way to the stairs that led to the third floor. What she said was true, she hasn't spent any time with Hajime since arriving on the island. And since they were trapped in the Funhouse with nothing to do, now was basically the perfect time.

They walked up the stairs and arrived on the third floor of Grape House, she pulled him down to the floor and sat down across from him. If she wanted to be left alone with Hajime and not have someone interfere, hiding in the Monokuma Archive would've been a good idea, but I guess she didn't want to see anything that had to do with Monokuma.

Hajime: "So... what did you want to talk about?"

Sonia: "Hajime, there is something I would like to ask you today."

Hajime: "Sure, wha-"

Sonia: "I want to make sure that you are the only one who hears this, that is why I wanted to talk here. Now then, come closer... no need to worry." As Sonia said that, she moved closer to him until they were only a few inches apart. Hajime had to admit that she smelt nice, but his face began to turn red the closer she got to him. "Hajime... do you happen to know a lot about the occult?"

Hajime: "...Huh? Uh, not really..."

Sonia: "Then what about cults?"

Hajime: "Uh, not at all..."