Chapter 24: DANCER IN DISTRESS

Second Class Trial (Part Two)

Hiyoko: "What are you saying, you four-eyed troll!? Accusing me of killing Mahiru... waaaah! You're so mean!"

Ibuki: "Why do you doubt Hiyoko?"

Peko: "Do you know where Hiyoko was today? She was at the beach house, the scene of the crime!"

Hiyoko: "But I didn't go to the beach house!"

Hajime: "Wait a minute. You should've been at the beach house, Hiyoko."

Hiyoko: "S-Seriously, I told you I didn't!"

Hajime: "But... those footprints in the sand in front of the beach house... aren't they yours?"

Hiyoko: "I-I don't have such ugly footprints! They're probably Mikan's based on how ugly they are!"

Mikan: "Don't decided that based on ugliness!"

Nagito: "Huh? They're not Hiyoko's footprints? That's strange... the footprints I collected from your room matches these footprints perfectly."

Hiyoko: "C-Collected? I never gave you permission to collect that, you creepy bastard!"

Peko: "Plus, the footprints left in the sand were facing away from the beach house. Which means... when the owner of these footprints went inside the beach house, they used a different entrance."

Mikan: "A different entrance... are you talking about the door facing the road that Mahiru's body was leaning against?"

Nekomaru: "Are you saying when that person went inside the beach house, the body hadn't appeared yet!?"

Ibuki: "The door was still accessible when they went in... and wasn't when they left..."

Peko: "Which means... something happened in-between those events. Isn't that right, Hiyoko?"

Hiyoko: "Ah! I remember now! I remember when I went to the beach house!"

Gundham: "Hmph, so you've finally decided to confess..."

Hiyoko: "I'm sure you guys already know this, but going for walks in the morning is my daily routine."

Ibuki: "I've never heard of that daily routine before!"

Hiyoko: "And that's when I went to the beach house! I went there on my morning walk!"

Akane: "I see. If you went during your morning walk, that doesn't have anything to do with the case at all."

Fuyuhiko: "Don't believe her so easily, dumbass! She's obviously lying!"

Akane: "Huh? It's a lie!?"

Hiyoko: "People who call other people liars... and usually liars themselves. If you say I'm lying, prove it! Can you even prove that I'm lying!? Hahahaha! There's no way a bunch of worthless idiots like you guys would be able to do that!" She clearly didn't have faith in anyone here, but what she fails to notice is that Hajime had some pretty solid evidence that she was in fact at the beach house, and her morning walk excuse wasn't going to work. The evidence in question was in his shirt pocket, and it's all thanks to Mikan who found said evidence on Mahiru's person. "I did go to the beach house... but only during my morning walk. I didn't go any other time!"

Hajime: "Only during your morning walk, huh? Will you still claim that after you take a look at this letter?" When he said that, Hajime reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out the letter in question. It then appeared on the tablet, and everyone began reading it.

Danganronpa: Goodbye Despairजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें