Chapter 6: STOLEN MEMORIES

Today started out with meeting Byakuya and the others in the restaurant, he directed the group to Jabberwock Island, where they saw a massive timer in the bronze statue's place. After looking for any clues that would lead them in the right direction, Hajime went to the beach and hung out with Kazuichi, Teruteru, Peko and Ibuki. He then left the beach and found Chiaki hanging around the outside of the Rocketpunch Market, they entered the market and talked about things like Girls' Day. Overall, today wasn't as bad as yesterday. The timer was a big surprise, but Hajime was happy to consider Kazuichi, Peko, Ibuki, Teruteru and Chiaki as friends.

Right now, it was getting close to the time when Monokuma would do his evening announcement. Similar to his morning announcement, he would announce the time for everyone to go to sleep, but that wasn't a rule everyone was forced to follow. If they really wanted to, they could break that rule and... attempt to murder someone in the cover of night. Thankfully, the cottages were basically safe havens due to the locks on the doors.

*Ding dong, bing bong*

Monokuma: "Ahem! Hope's Peak Academy's school trip executive committee has an announcement to make. Hello, everyone! The fun time you've all been waiting for is about to begin! I wonder what festivities await you? Oops, don't wanna ruin the surprise! It was a little 'meh' at first, but anyway, please gather at Jabberwock Park!"

Hajime: "Did he just tell us... to go to the park? It's the middle of the night... what's he up to?" He suddenly had a bad feeling about this, and goosebumps sprung up all over his body. "If we're not allowed to defy Monokuma... then there's no way I can ignore this, right? Which means... there's nothing I can do except listen to him. Damn it! What is it now!?"

With no way to get out of this, Hajime left his cottage and made his way out of the hotel grounds. He didn't see anyone else on the way over the bridge, but there was one person standing by the entrance to the park. Peko was most likely keeping watch, making sure that everyone is making their way to the park.

Peko: "Hajime, you're the last one to arrive."

Hajime: "Sorry I kept you waiting, it's hard to be encouraged to do something when you don't have a choice."

Peko: "I understand. After all, the e-Handbook clearly states that defying Monokuma is not permitted. It'd be foolish to resist if it's just going to make things worse, I'm glad everyone is thinking the same thing. At any rate, we better not keeping everyone waiting." Hajime and Peko walked towards the park and were greeted by two separate things. First, everyone was standing around, waiting for Monokuma to explain the sudden announcement that brought them here. Second, there was a stage placed in front of the timer.

Byakuya: "Once again, you're late. Did you lose your nerve?" Hajime wanted to deny that, but he wasn't exactly wrong either. "Anyway, it seems that everyone is here."

Kazuichi: "Ugh, what is it this time? So fricking annoying."

Fuyuhiko: "Then you shouldn't have come."

Kazuichi: "Well, I mean... I don't know what'll happen to me if I don't come."

Fuyuhiko: "Heh, since none of us know what'll happen, maybe you should be the one to test it out."

Mahiru: "Hey! You may talk like you're tough, wise guy, but you wouldn't be here unless you were scared too!"

Fuyuhiko: "What!?"

Mahiru: "I guess even a big bad yakuza like you must've been scared of that monster, huh?"

Fuyuhiko: "What the fuck did you say!?"