Chapter 73: SHUTDOWN SEQUENCE

Graduation Exam (Part Three)

Hajime: '...I can go back... with this... I can finally go back. He's right... with this, we can finally go back. This will be the end. And our friends who died will be saved... that's way beyond what we expected. Then... it's safe to say that this is the good ending, right?' With the program modified by Junko, everyone can finally escape the Neo World Program, and return to their bodies in the real world. All they had to do was press the right button, and Hajime was gonna be the first to press it.

Makoto: "Don't press it! This is Junko's trap!"

Hajime: "Huh!?"

Kazuichi: "W-What the heck!? That guy from earlier is back again!"

Junko: "It's not 'again'... this time, it's the real one."

Hajime: "Real?" Now that he's looking at him, this Makoto Naegi looked somewhat different from the previous one. This one actually looked a little bit older.

 This one actually looked a little bit older

Makoto: "I'm Makoto Naegi... Makoto Naegi of the Future Foundation!" He was standing in Peko's vacant podium, located on Sonia's right.

Hajime: 'T-This guy... is the real Makoto Naegi? Then... this is the guy I spoke to?'

Makoto: "I'm sorry I'm late... I actually wanted to come rescue you sooner. But thanks to the virus infecting the Neo World Program, I wasn't able to enter."

Junko: "Just when the chumps are in a pinch, he's suddenly able to enter for reasons unknown. And thus, the main character gallantly appears! Hahahaha, so cool! I'm drooling so much! Hahahaha!"

Makoto: "Did you also... time my arrival? No, it doesn't matter! I'm going to save everyone! And then I'm going to settle this between us once and for all!"

Junko: "Hahahahahaha!"

Sonia: "H-How... were you able to get here, Makoto?"

Junko: "Since I used my tricks to hack into the program, he must've hacked in with his tricks too, right? That's also how you kept your memories, right? That would explain why you look a little older. You didn't have to remove your school memories in order to enter the program, so you look the same as you did before you entered. But there was always the possibility that it wouldn't've worked."

Makoto: "If I didn't take that risk... then I wouldn't've been able to save everyone."

Junko: "Don't you understand? It doesn't matter how you got here. As long as you're here, you'll be treated like one of my students. Which means... you must respect my authority."

Makoto: "I already know... the risks of being here."

Junko: "Ugh! You always had such reckless hope! I love you so much that you disgust me!"