Chapter 36: DOUBLE TROUBLE

Investigation of the Third Case (First Half)

*Ding dong dong ding*

Monokuma: "A body has been discovered! Now then, after a certain amount of time has passed, the class trial will begin!"

*Ding dong dong ding*

Monokuma: "A body has been discovered! Now then, after a certain amount of time has passed, the class trial will begin!" Two body discovery announcements in a row, that means that this nightmarish image of the hanging body and Hiyoko's suspended body wasn't just everyone's imagination.

The hanged body with a hemp bag on its head, and Hiyoko's suspended body, both of these bodies have been discovered at the same time.

Mikan: "W-What... what is this!?"

Fuyuhiko: "H-Hiyoko and... who the hell is that other one wearing the hemp bag!?"

Chiaki: "Could it be... two victims?"

Hajime: "B-But... when I was here earlier, I didn't see Hiyoko's body... I only saw that hanged body over there! N-Not even ten minutes passed! But still, why!?"

Monomi: "AAAHHH!!! W-What is this!? Impossible, impossible, impossible, impossible... it's impossible for killings to happen on this island." While Hajime, Chiaki, Mikan and Fuyuhiko were too shocked to even move, Monomi made her way inside the music venue and couldn't keep her feelings to herself once she saw the bodies.

Fuyuhiko: "Shut up, idiot!"

Chiaki: "For now... we should lower that person wearing the hemp bag to the ground. Leaving it like that... is just too sad."

Mikan: "Y-Yes! Ah, but... what about preserving the scene of the crime?"

Fuyuhiko: "Who fucking cares about that!?"

Monomi: "T-There's a control panel for the baton lighting on the wing of the stage... you can lower the body with that..."

Fuyuhiko: "That one?" Fuyuhiko ran over to the wing of the stage and pressed a button on the control panel. With a motorized sound like the growl of a starving beast, the baton lighting slowly descended. When it descended enough for them to reach it, everyone worked together to lower the body.

Chiaki: "Now... I'm going to take off the hemp bag, okay?" As Chiaki removed the hemp bag from the body, it was just as they feared... the dead body was confirmed to be Ibuki Mioda. Even though Hajime expected it, he still didn't want to confront that reality. Under the hemp bag, there was no denying that the face he saw belonged to Ibuki.

Fuyuhiko: "D-Dammit!"

Mikan: "I-It's all my fault... if only I did a better job... watching over Ibuki."

Monomi: "Y-You're wrong... it's not your fault, Mikan... no matter how we feel, the one at fault is..."

Monokuma: "Geez! It feels like someone died in here or something." They haven't seen Monokuma since he announced the Despair Disease, but the last time Fuyuhiko, Mikan and Hajime saw him was when Nagito's illness was in critical condition.

Monomi: "So you finally showed up! The root of all evil!"

Monokuma: "How dare you call your big brother the root of all evil! I even went to the trouble of bringing everyone for you!"

Hajime: 'Bringing everyone?'

Kazuichi: "AAAHHH!!! W-What the hell is going on here!?" Everyone from the motel was now entering the music venue, and like Monomi, the realization that another murder took place was enough to make them panic.