Chapter 7: CLEANING DUTY

*Ding dong, bing bong*

Monokuma: "Ahem! Hope's Peak Academy's school trip executive committee has an announcement to make. Good morning, everyone! Looks like today is going to be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!" Hajime slowly and awkwardly sat up in his bed. Both his head and body felt heavy, but it's still an improvement compared to last night.

Hajime: "We all said we'd meet at the restaurant..." After changing into some clean clothes, Hajime left his cottage and started walking towards the hotel. Before he could walk around the pool, he encountered Nagito standing around, he was talking to himself while walking towards the hotel.

Nagito: "Not everyone is as strong as Byakuya, I've never thought about having to overcome anything before. It's not like I'd run away from my problems, but it's more like, I was just living my life without even thinking about them at all. Even so, I was still able to live... but this is different." Once Nagito heard footsteps behind him, he turned around to meet Hajime face to face. "Oh, Hajime. I'm sorry, I was being too negative..."

Hajime: "No, I understand... I'm the same as well."

Nagito: "But after saying all that out loud, I feel assured once again. Being loners won't get us anywhere, that's why I think we should help each other out. Also... I think we need to get stronger, an ordeal like this is what'll make us cling to hope."

Hajime: "Yeah... you're probably right."

Nagito: "Well, I'll be inside, see you in there." Hajime watched Nagito leave the pool area and head inside the hotel, he was about to follow him, but then he heard a girl's voice coming from behind him.

Mikan: "G-Good morning, Hajime."

Hajime: "Yeah, good morning."

Mikan: "Haaah... haaaahhhh!" That was weird, all he did was say good morning to her, why was she shocked? "My first time greeting someone... and I was actually greeted back! I'm so happy! Um... could you do it one more time? Good morning..."

Hajime: "G-Good morning..."

Mikan: "Hehe, hehehehe!" The fact that she's never been greeted before was enough for Hajime to think about talking to her like he's done with Nagito and Chiaki, he actually wanted to know more about her.

Hiyoko: "Geez, I'm so sleepy. Mr Ham Hands is so selfish, it's totally fine to spend the morning sleeping in." Hajime and Mikan looked at the two girls approaching them, Hiyoko and Mahiru.

Hajime: "But if we need to eat breakfast anyway, what's wrong with eating together?"

Hiyoko: "Well, I like to spend my breakfast eating sweets in my room. That's totally fine!"

Mikan: "U-Um... eating sweets for breakfast... is bad for your health... you're consuming too many fats and sugars."

Hiyoko: "Who made you my doctor? Don't speak to me without permission!"

Mikan: "Ah! I'm sorry!"

Hiyoko: "Geez, listening to this ugly bitch's crying in the morning makes me so sick." Is it possible to have the Ultimate Bad Attitude? Because if it is, it's pretty clear who would have it. 

Mahiru: "G-Good morning, Hajime, Mikan."

Hajime: "Yeah, good morning."

Mikan: "G-Good morning."

Mahiru: "Geez, what's with the sullen faces? Well, I guess I'm not one to talk. I couldn't really sleep last night. I had a lot on my mind, and I don't know if I'll ever get the answers I'm looking for. Man, just for kicks, I should... prepare some yummy deserts and teas, and invite some people to come chat with me. Ah, just so you know, it's gonna be a girls-only gathering. Don't expect to be invited!" Sounds like an excuse for some girl talk, what do girls even talk about? I guess guys will never know. "Oh, but I don't know how to make desserts... is there, like, a recipe book around here?"