Chapter 18: MISSING LINK

*Ding dong, bing bong*

Monokuma: "Ahem! Hope's Peak Academy's school trip executive committee has an announcement to make. Emergency, emergency! Students, head over to Jabberwock Park as fast as you can! Come on, hurry up! I'll whip up my special-made curry rice for the first person to arrive! Come on, hurry the hell up!"

The sun was gone and was now replaced by the moon. Hajime spent the day searching the Second Island, hanging out with Akane at the park, hanging out with Mikan at the library, and hanging out with Chiaki at the ranch. It got dark pretty quickly while Hajime was making his way back to his cottage, he opened the door and closed it behind him, making sure to lock it before throwing himself onto the bed. He was about to pass out, but then Monokuma popped up on the monitor in his cottage.

Hajime: "Great, just when I was about to get some rest. Well... it's not like I can ignore it." Forcing himself to stand up again, Hajime walked over to his cottage door and unlocked it. He opened the door and left his cottage, he closes the door behind him and then proceeds to leave the Hotel Site.

On his way to the Central Island, Hajime didn't see a single person in front of him or behind him. It was possible that he'll be the last person to arrive, but he didn't really care. After he crossed the bridge, he found himself at his destination. When he entered the park, he noticed that Akane was the only one there.

Akane: "Yahoo! I'm the first one here! The curry's all mine!" Look at that, she totally took the bait.

Sonia: "Indeed, I wonder what kind of curry it is!" Sonia and Ibuki were next to arrive, and it looks like they were excited about the curry too.

Ibuki: "What's the scientific term for when you get hungry after you hear the word 'curry'?" One right after the other, everyone else made their way to the park... everyone except Nagito, who still hasn't been seen since the class trial.

Fuyuhiko: "You guys are fucking stupid. Don't get worked up over something so idiotic. Hey, where the hell is Monokuma!? Get out here!"

Monokuma: "Okie-dokie, thanks for waiting! Thanks for the miracle of waiting!" Like the first time he revealed himself to everyone, Monokuma appeared from where the bronze statue used to be.

Akane: "Monokuma! I was the first one here! That means I got dibs on the curry!"

Monokuma: "No need to rush, no need to rush. I'll properly treat you to my special-made Monokuma Curry tomorrow night."

Hajime: "M-Monokuma Curry?"

Monokuma: "It's an extremely delicious curry made from unknown meat, wilted vegetables, and a mysterious brand of rice!"

Mahiru: "I can't imagine anything delicious... based on those ingredients."

Ibuki: "No worries! It takes skill to make curry nasty!"

Gundham: "That is truly a nice line... but it is meaningless. Monokuma, let us hear what your business is. However, you should know I, the Supreme Overlord, have very little time to spare, understand? If this is something foolish, know that I will feed your remains to these beasts!" Gundham's hamsters made an appearance, crawling out of his scarf and now resting on his shoulders.

Monokuma: "Huh? Huh? You haven't noticed yet? The reason why I summoned you guys... if you look closely at this park, you should be able to notice."

Hajime: "Huh?" Taking what Monokuma said into account, Hajime directed his attention to his surroundings. Besides the timer placed where the statue used to be, a giant TV and an arcade machine were spotted not too far from everyone's position. 'What's that?'