Chapter 66: PLEASE INSERT COIN

Final Class Trial (Final Part)

Monokuma: "...Man, I'm pooped. Let's go ahead and announce the result. The traitor from the Future Foundation, and Nagito Komaeda's killer is... Chiaki Nanami!"

Kazuichi: "Are you serious? That... was correct?"

Fuyuhiko: "The fact that Chiaki was a traitor... the fact that Nagito's crime depended entirely on his luck..."

Sonia: "Everything... was true?"

Akane: "Plus... that means that bastard managed to pull it off!"

Chiaki: "...Congratulations, everyone."

Akane: "Stupid... we're not celebrating at all!" The only person smiling right now was Chiaki, everyone else was either crying, like Sonia and Akane, trying to keep it together, like Kazuichi and Fuyuhiko, or in Hajime's case, so frustrated that he couldn't say anything.

Fuyuhiko: "Chiaki... let me ask you one more time. Are you really part of the Future Foundation? An agent of the organization that brought us to this island... is that... really your true identity?"

Chiaki: "...I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys."

Fuyuhiko: "Tch!"

Sonia: "I-I cannot believe it... even though I do not want to believe it... there is no choice but to believe, right?"

Chiaki: "...I'm sorry. It would've been better if I could've said it sooner... but I couldn't say it no matter what. Because... I can't betray the Future Foundation."

Hajime: "...Can't betray?"

Chiaki: "Even if you want to fly, you can't, right? Even if you want to swim where you please, you can't, right? It's the same for me... due to the nature of my existence, I will never be able to betray the Future Foundation."

Hajime: "What the heck... but in the end, you did something similar... what you did... is no different that sharing your secret yourself."

Chiaki: "...Haha, you're right."

Akane: "N-Now's not the time to be laughing..."

Chiaki: "...But strangely enough, I don't have any regrets. In fact... I'm somewhat happy. I was able to think I wanted to protect everyone. That's why... I feel proud of my actions."

Kazuichi: "You're still saying things I don't get, but... if we ask you anything, you're just not gonna answer, right? Like, if we ask you why you were in the Future Foundation and stuff..."

Chiaki: "...I'm sorry."

Sonia: "E-Even if you were a traitor... you... never betrayed us. Chiaki... you will always be our friend. Even now... we do not blame you for this! That is why you do not need to apologize!"

Chiaki: "..."

Kazuichi: "So, the traitor was revealed... and Chiaki lost... in the end, it all went according to Nagito's plan, huh."

Fuyuhiko: "A-About that... was that really... Nagito's goal? Is it really okay to say he was trying to find the killer and eliminate them? If so... isn't that strange?"

Hajime: "Strange?"

Fuyuhiko: "I mean... we nearly lost, right? And if Chiaki hadn't said anything, we definitely would've lost."

Monokuma: "Puhuhu... you've raised a good point. That's exactly it... even though Nagito said he would weed out the traitor, he never said he would kill the traitor."