Chapter 50: SECRET OF THE FUNHOUSE

Fourth Class Trial (Part One)

Monokuma: "Now then, let's begin with a simple explanation of the class trial. During the class trial, you will present your arguments for who the killer is, and vote for who done it. If you vote correctly, then only the blackened will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong person... I'll punish everyone BESIDES the blackened, and that person will earn the right to leave this island! I'm sure you guys are starving right now, but let's get revved up and raring to go! Whoever survives will be treated to a fancy lunch. Guess what? Rabbit curry is on the menu!"

Monomi: "Huh? I'm not the main ingredient, right?"

Akane: "I'm here today... because Coach Nekomaru risked his life... to protect me. I'm gonna be the one who avenges him! I'll definitely find out who the killer is!... I'm definitely not tempted by curry, got it!?" As she said that last remark, she was actually beginning to drool.

Sonia: "A-Akane! You seem to have an impressive amount of drool flowing from your mouth!"

Fuyuhiko: "Hey... why don't we try going over the incident? We weren't able to leave Strawberry House, so I want to make sure we get a detailed understanding."

Sonia: "Um... I discovered Nekomaru's body a little before 7am. I headed over to Grape Tower for Monokuma Tai Chi and found the body there. Hajime and Chiaki were also with me."

Kazuichi: "Hajime was... with Miss Sonia and Chiaki that early in the morning? D-Don't tell me you three were together since last night!?"

Sonia: "Imbecile! I am not some woman with flexible legs!"

Kazuichi: "O-O-Of course you're not! You're much classier than that."

Akane: "With legs like those, I could probably do the splits real easy." Wait, Akane's the Ultimate Gymnast and she can't do the splits? That's weird, that's like having the Ultimate Programmer be someone who's never touched a computer in their life, it makes no sense.

Hajime: "We just happened to run into each other on the first floor of Grape House and went to the tower together."

Sonia: "And then... the three of us discovered Nekomaru's body."

Chiaki: "The body discovery announcement was made soon after. Akane heard that and rushed over."

Fuyuhiko: "We heard the body discovery announcement too, from Strawberry House, obviously. As I recall, we found out the elevator was out of order, which left us stuck."

Kazuichi: "So we decided to go to the tower for the time being and headed for Strawberry Hall... but someone even broke Strawberry Hall's door button. We couldn't go anywhere because of that."

Gundham: "Thinking we should at least find some method to communicate, we set our sights on the lounge telephone."

Akane: "Forget these boring intros! Let's talk about the killer! Anyway, it's definitely someone from Strawberry House."

Kazuichi: "What do you mean, 'definitely'!?"

Akane: "There's no way a chick would kill someone so cruelly. And since Hajime was with us, then it must be one of you Strawberry House dudes. One of you better hurry up and confess, or I'll break all of you in half!"

Kazuichi: "Y-You're the cruellest one here!"

Chiaki: "Guys, we need to think about this seriously. We don't have the luxury of discussing irrelevant things. The incident this time has many questions."