Chapter 3: KILLING SCHOOL TRIP

Once the broadcast from the monitor in Jabberwock Park was over, Hajime and Nagito left the park and returned to the beach on the First Island. Hajime and Nagito saw that everyone was there and waiting for the last two members of the class. Byakuya even beat them there, his weight didn't hold him back at all.

Byakuya: "You guys are the last to arrive, what are you dilly-dallying for?"

Nagito: "Sorry to keep you all waiting."

Byakuya: "Well, it's all right. More importantly, this is our only chance to talk between ourselves before that rabbit returns."

Hiyoko: "Hahaha! Let's talk!"

Byakuya: "Now then, let me hear your initial impressions of this island."

Peko: "I happen to notice numerous blocked off bridges on the Central Island."

Ibuki: "Oh, those are there so everybody doesn't get lost! I tried to cross one of them and that rabbit showed up and told me, so I'm telling the truth!"

Peko: "So we don't get lost? Is this island really that big?"

Kazuichi: "But if you look at it in depth, it's just a normal island, right? It's got a resort and everything. Well, not that I've ever been to a resort before, but..."

Hiyoko: "Also, there's a big ranch!"

Mikan: "Um... there's also a large supermarket too. It looks like it stocks everything from food to living amenities."

Mahiru: "The hotel was really nice too, it'd be great if we can stay there."

Sonia: "The restaurant inside the hotel was also nice, it seemed to cater to a more plebeian taste."

Teruteru: "Can you guys listen to what I wanna say too? I... found something very important on this island. Girls! Very, very cute girls! Aha! All over the place!"

Ibuki: "Gross! I'm getting goosebumps!"

Byakuya: "All of you are fools, I can't believe nobody has mentioned the most serious truth."

Chiaki: "The most serious truth?"

Byakuya: "If no one here realized it, you're all bigger fools than I thought."

Fuyuhiko: "What did you say, you fat bastard? Don't be talking all big and shit!"

Byakuya: "Small dogs shouldn't bark so loud." The most serious truth? What does he mean? If he actually found out something important, it won't do him any good if he expects everyone to get it themselves without any hints.

Hajime: "Hey, what's the most serious truth? Did... you find out something about this island?"

Byakuya: "...Have you all gone to the park that's across the bridge?"

Hajime: "The park with that weird bronze statue of all those creepy animals, right?"

Byakuya: "When I saw it, I remembered a story I heard before. There's an island in the Pacific Ocean, a beautiful island paradise where summer never ends. It consists of a Central Island surrounded by five different islands. It's also said that five holy animals symbolize each of those surrounding islands."

Hajime: "Eh?"

Byakuya: "That island's name is... Jabberwock Island."

Nagito: "Could this island be..."

Hajime: "Jabberwock Island? Is that... the name of this island?"

Byakuya: "Still, there is something on my mind. In fact, according to what I've heard, Jabberwock Island is already... never mind."