Chapter 29: CHASING THE HORIZON

Hajime and Sonia had just entered the hospital lobby and were about to head towards the main hall... but they stopped when they noticed Nagito standing by the reception desk. That on its own is actually weird, especially when you consider that Hajime left Nagito in the movie theatre before Sonia approached him. It's possible that Nagito left right after Hajime did and then went the other way, but it would also mean that he was either running or speedwalking in order to beat Hajime and Sonia to the hospital.

Nagito: "You're late, Hajime. Looks like you're the last one to arrive. I would say the same about Sonia, but it looks like she was here before coming out to find you."

Hajime: "The others are already here?"

Nagito: "There are patient rooms lining the hallway, but everyone is apparently gathered in the room at the very back."

Hajime: "You're not going?"

Sonia: "You should not be left out of something this important."

Nagito: "Ms Sonia... as expected from the Ultimate Princess. You're very much in touch with the feelings of us common folk. Nevertheless, I know my place, and I'm not reckless enough to go along with you. Since it's going to be such a touching scene, a worthless thing like me would just be a nuisance, right?"

Hajime: "A touching scene?"

Nagito: "Hajime... I'm jealous of you."

Hajime: "J-Jealous? Of me?"

Nagito: "You don't know what your talent is, but you're showing no distress, and you're even opening up to everyone. That must mean you have a lot of confidence in yourself, right?"

Hajime: "Are you being sarcastic?"

Nagito: "N-Nope! Not at all... but still, I do wonder what sort of talent you really possess. Since you've dragged it out this long already, I'm sure it must be an appropriately magnificent talent."

Hajime: "W-Who knows? It's not like it's my fault for dragging this out."

Nagito: "You're right... ah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for stopping you two for such a foolish conversation. Please go on ahead and take care."

Hajime: 'After all that... what did he really want to say to me?'

Sonia: "Hajime, we have wasted enough time already, let us not waste any more." Once Nagito was done talking, Sonia continued to drag Hajime down the main hall. 

There were four patient rooms on the first floor, and most likely more on the second floor. Right next to the fourth room were the stairs leading to the second floor, and across from the patient rooms were two very strange scenes playing out. Hajime could see strange cutouts of people in Monokuma masks escorting another cutout of someone in a hospital bed towards the examination room. In the other scene, cutouts of aliens were performing surgery on another cutout of someone. These scenes were playing out behind glass windows, which prevented anyone from interfering in said scenes.

As Sonia and Hajime made it to the final patient room on the first floor, room four, they could hear voices coming from the other side.

Hajime: "It sounds like they're already here, but... what are they doing here?" Although he had a feeling something bad was about to happen, Sonia opened the door. When they entered the room, everyone, minus Nagito, looked over at the new visitors, which gave Hajime a clear view of what they were crowding around. "Huh!?" He couldn't help raising his voice.

Fuyuhiko: "What? You all look like you've seen a ghost..." To Hajime's surprise, he saw Fuyuhiko laying in a hospital bed. He had bandages wrapped around his head, and they were completely covering his right eye.