Chapter 51: ULTIMATE WEAPON

Fourth Class Trial (Part Two)

Hajime: "Hey... Nagito..."

Nagito: "I thought it would come to this. I knew my turn was coming up. Fine, I'll tell you guys a big hint that can help you solve the secret of the Funhouse."

Kazuichi: "Give us the answer, not a fricking hint!"

Nagito: "But then it wouldn't mean anything. I need you guys to do this class trial properly. It's also important for me because it will help me... determine something."

Hajime: 'Determine? Is he... talking about the traitor? If so... why did Nagito say that all of a sudden? Did something happen to him?'

Akane: "But how do we know your hint is any good? It's suspicious that you're the only one who knows it."

Nagito: "I have a good reason for that. The reason why I'm the only one who knows it... is because I was the only one who performed the appropriate action."

Hajime: "You're talking about the Final Dead Room, right? You cleared the Life-Threatening Game there and found something, didn't you?"

Nagito: "That's right, the hint is what I saw after I cleared it. In the depths of the Final Dead Room, there was a hidden room surrounded by concrete. And there... a small, conspicuous window waited, all by itself. From that window... I saw some very strange scenery."

Chiaki: "Strange scenery?"

Nagito: "Instead of explaining it, it might be faster just to show you. At an opportune time, I found a perfect camera in the Final Dead Room."

Gundham: "You took a picture?"

Nagito: "Yep..." Nagito grinned creepily as he retrieved a small digital camera from his inner jacket, the very same camera he found while solving the Life-Threatening Game. "See? This is it." As he said that, Nagito gave Monokuma the camera, and the little shit connected the camera to the giant tablet hanging not too far from everyone. And the photo he took appeared on screen.

 And the photo he took appeared on screen

Nagito: "Let me explain it to you again. I took this picture on the first floor of Strawberry House... from the secret room within the Final Dead Room. But don't you think it's weird? If the Funhouse's structure is what you guys have been thinking... then there's lots of things that don't make sense in this picture, right?"

Hajime: 'Lots of things... that shouldn't make sense in this picture?'

Nagito: "Then let's begin. Shall I call it... thinking time?"

Hajime: "You said this photo was taken from the hidden room inside the Final Dead Room, right? If that's the case... then that means it should've been taken from the first floor of Strawberry House."

Nagito: "Yeah, it should've been."

Hajime: "Then... this is definitely strange. This photo doesn't look like it was taken from the first floor. The angle suggests it was taken from higher up."