Chapter 60: ABNORMAL

Investigation of the Final Case (First Half)

Eventually, the shock finally registered with Hajime. A numb feeling spread from the centre of his brain almost instantly. Nagito... is dead. Even when Hajime saw this before him, he wasn't able to comprehend that reality yet.

Kazuichi: "Heh? Ah... AAAAHHHH!!!"

Sonia: "AAAAHHHH!!!"

Fuyuhiko: "W-What's going on here!?"

Akane: "I-Is he really dead? He's not pretending to be dead, is he? I-I mean... it's Nagito, you know!?" That's right, it was Nagito. He always messed with everyone on the island, he always tried to confuse them, that's why Hajime couldn't believe it. 

Nagito ended up in such a cruel state, and deep down, Hajime believed that when the killings finally ended, he'd never see Nagito again. He never expected he'd be looking at Nagito's body like this. Nagito probably thought the same thing. He couldn't help seeing it in Nagito's dead, frightened face. But on this island, unbelievably abnormal occurrences happen all the time, even Nagito couldn't escape that truth. 

*Ding dong dong ding*

Monokuma: "A body has been discovered! Now then, after a certain amount of time has passed, the class trial will begin!"

Fuyuhiko: "The body discovery announcement? T-Then it's for real..."

Akane: "Then Nagito is really dead!?"

Kazuichi: "I-It's not just that he's dead... if the body discovery announcement was made... does that mean... Nagito was killed?"

Hajime: "K-Killed!?"

Kazuichi: "Plus, it's one of us! I mean, that's what it means, right!?"

Hajime: 'One of us... killed Nagito? One of us killed him so brutally?'

Chiaki: "Then... it's going to start again?"

Hajime: "Huh?"

Chiaki: "The class trial is going to start soon, right? Then..."

Monokuma: "Yep, we gotta do it! We gotta find out who Nagito's killer is!" Having Monokuma show up out of nowhere was just making the others sweat and panic more than before, even though they were expecting him to show up with those files of his. "No matter who you guys sacrifice, you're determined to survive and leave this island, right? Then the time for action... is now! So allow me to give you the familiar Monokuma File-"

Monomi: "Hold it right there!" Monomi ran into the warehouse and stood right in front of Monokuma, stopping him from handing out the Monokuma File for this case.

Monokuma: "What!? Don't get in my way like that! I was about to whip out the Monokuma File in such a cool way."

Monomi: "Shut up! I can't stand this anymore! How much longer are you going to keep putting them through this!? No more! I won't let you! I'll make sure I pulverize your evil intentions!"

Monokuma: "..."

Monomi: "S-Say something!"

Monokuma: "Oh, now I remember who you are... you're Monomi."

Monomi: "Y-You just now noticed!?"

Monokuma: "Anyway, if you're gonna talk about my intentions, why don't you talk about yours first?"

Monomi: "Huh?"

Monokuma: "What're YOUR intentions anyway? Why are you keeping everyone cooped up on this island? I'm sure everyone here wants to know too, you know?"