Chapter 72: DEVOID OF HUMANITY

Graduation Exam (Part Two)

Makoto: "That's right. Not only are you guys the survivors of Hope's Peak Academy..."

Monokuma: "You're also survivors of Ultimate Despair!"

Hajime: "We're all... Ultimate Despair?"

Kazuichi: "D-Don't be stupid!"

Makoto: "In the beginning, we took in fifteen of you as survivors of Hope's Peak Academy. But upon further investigation, we discovered an unbelievable truth... the fifteen people we acquired were actually the horrifying Remnants of Despair."

Hajime: "T-That was... us?"

Sonia: "What is this... Ultimate Despair?"

Fuyuhiko: "I remember hearing that they're dangerous guys who were responsible for terrorism, coup d'états, and wars..."

Makoto: "Yes... they're responsible for the Tragedy and brought chaos into the world. Despair in human form, but utterly devoid of humanity... that's what you guys really are. The Ultimate Despairs don't care about principles or morals. They just spread despair everywhere they go. They live solely to torment everything... to burn everything... to kill everything."

Fuyuhiko: "We're... part of a dangerous group like that?"

Akane: "T-That's gotta be a lie!"

Hajime: "That's right... there's no way... there's no way we're all Ultimate Despair." Everyone had the same expression on their faces, they showed signs of confusion mixed with fear.

Makoto: "Nagito probably did what he did because he managed to learn the unbelievable truth."

Hajime: "N-Nagito!? Why are you bringing him up all of a sudden?"

Monokuma: "He's the only one who knew this truth before you guys. It was a special prize for clearing the Final Dead Room."

Hajime: "Was it that file that contained all our student profiles? But inside... there wasn't anything referring to what you're talking about right now."

Makoto: "No, it used to have profiles from after you entered the school, but Nagito destroyed them before you saw it."

Hajime: "W-Why? Why do you know something like that?"

Makoto: "Anyway... it's the absolute truth that the file had profiles about you guys after you entered the school. And after Nagito obtained the file and learned the truth, what did he try to do to you guys?"

Hajime: "He tried... to kill everyone except for the traitor."

Makoto: "That's right... after seeing the file, he learned that everyone, including him, was Ultimate Despair. And he tried to kill everyone except the traitor."

Sonia: "Did Nagito try to kill us... because we were Ultimate Despair?"

Makoto: "Yes, because of his love for hope and his hatred towards despair... I sort of... understand that feeling."

Fuyuhiko: "Don't mess with us... why do we have to be treated like the bad guys!?"

Hajime: "T-There must be some kind of mistake! There's no way we're Ultimate Despair."

Kazuichi: "I-I don't need a twist like that!"

Makoto: "It might seem unbelievable because you guys only have memories from before you entered the school, but it all happened at Hope's Peak Academy! You were tainted by Ultimate Despair because at Hope's Peak Academy, you were in contact with 'her'!"