Chapter 12: CUT TO THE CHASE

First Class Trial (Part Two)

Hiyoko: "Even so, the killer is so sly... I'm starting to worry we may never actually find them."

Nagito: "It's all right, you don't have to worry. Because... they're just a petty killer, right? They can't defeat symbols of hope like you guys!"

Hajime: 'Huh?'

Nagito: "There's no way everybody will lose now, this little incident will just be a stepping stone for you all. In the end, hope always wins. That's what I believe."

Hajime: "N-Nagito? What happened to you?"

Nagito: "Huh? What do you mean?"

Hajime: "Well... you have been saying this whole time that there's no way a killer could be among us."

Nagito: "Oh, is that so? Well, let's just put that minor detail aside for now and talk about the incident. For now, we found out how the blackout occurred, but the question is WHO caused it, right? Anybody could've hid and set the timers for the air conditioners, and setting up the irons in the storage room could've been done before Byakuya set foot in the old building. What a shame, any one of us is capable of that."

Fuyuhiko: "What are you implying?"

Hiyoko: "He's just saying... after all this time, we still haven't made any progress!"

Sonia: "Huh? Even though we have been arguing for so long?"

Nagito: "Unfortunately, it's the truth... despite the fact that we've discussed this at length, there's not even one clue that leads to the killer. But that might be because... there's no way any one of us could be a killer."

Hajime: "Y-You're changing your story again?"

Nagito: "Anway... I have an idea about what we all should do at this point. Has anyone thought about our situation like this? Instead of surviving by doubting others, isn't it better to get killed for believing in others?"

Ibuki: "D-Doesn't that mean... are you saying we should all just give up and die!?"

Hajime: "Nagito! There's definitely something wrong with you!"

Nagito: "Haha... you guys only think there's something wrong with me because there's something wrong with you. Suspecting each other like this... there's no way that's healthy behaviour. Let's stop this already! We don't have to find out who the killer is! I can't stand this anymore! I don't want to do this to my friends!"

Teruteru: "I... I don't want to do this either..."

Mikan: "M-Me too! Please... take me home already!"

Hiyoko: "Waaaah! I wanna go home and eat candy!" Everyone looked like they were on the verge of freaking out, Hiyoko was crying, and nobody knew how to fix the situation at all.

Mahiru: "S-Stop it... if everyone acts like this... I-I'm gonna..." She couldn't finish that sentence, nothing else could be said from her. The pressure, the fear, the desperation... the despair. It was getting to her as well.

Hajime: "All of you calm down!"

Nagito: "We're all friends... aren't we? There's no way one friend would murder another."

Hajime: "Then why did Byakuya die!?"

Nagito: "Who cares? Let's just give up already. There are no clues that lead to the killer anyway... not a single one..."