As Time Passed By: Chapter Fifteen

"You can't catch me." I say running quickly. As fast as I can really with this flowy yellow dress that could show my underwear any moment thanks to the wind.

"You can't run from me forever." A teasing voice says behind me. It wasn't creepy somehow, the voice was comforting and very familiar.

"Got ya!" A pair of strong arms wrap around me.

"Hmm..." I say snuggling into his chest. "I love you." I say sincerely.

"I love you more." He says kissing my cheek.

He releases me and sits on the grass. He pats the spot beside him and I sit down. I sit down and lean into him. "Do you see that spot over there? Under that big tree?" He says pointing at a huge willow tree. Sunlight poured through the leaves and it was breath taking to say the least.

"Yeah?" I say not taking my eyes off the scene.

"That's where I'm gonna marry you." My heart stopped beating.

"Oh really?" I say looking into his eyes.

"Yeah... Someday." He says surely gazing into my eyes.

"Why not today?" I joke.

"When I marry you," I took notice that he said 'when' not 'if.' "I want us to be ready. I want to have seen the world already. I want your career as an artist to take off and I'd be a good enough architect and design you the house overlooking the sea that you've always dreamed of. And after that, we're gonna have two wonderful children."

"Wow.." I say his speech leaving me speechless.

"Sorry." He says sheepish of what he said.

"No, don't apologize. It's just that... I've just never heard anyone plan anything long-term with me... so specifically." I sit upright and look straight into his eyes.

"Better get used to it. Because that's what your future is gonna look like. Plans that come true." Then and there, I see he really was telling me the truth. "I love you, Maya."

"I love you, too-"

*****
I bolt up. I look around me and find that I'm in my room... at Shawn's house. Riley was sleeping beside me. Scratch that, I think I woke her up.

"Maya, what are you doing up?" She says rubbing her eyes and turning on the lamp beside my bed.

"I had a really weird dream..." I say thinking back to it.

Riley sits upright and asks, "What was it about."

"It was about me and a guy. He said he loved me and that he wanted to marry me." I say slowlyt honking of that really weird dream.

"Really?" Riley seemed more awake now. Ever the hopeless romantic, my best friend. "Who was this guy?"

I furrow my brows. "What?" She asks noticing my bewildered expression.

"It's just that. I can't remember his face, or maybe I couldn't see it at all. I don't remember. But I do know I loved him. It was feeling like I've never felt before. And I felt safe. Safer than I've ever been." I tell her.

A smile breaks out on her face. "That's amazing, Maya. I bet that one day, you're gonna find this mystery guy and build a life with him."

"Ever the optimist."

"I just know you're gonna get everything you hoped for in life." Riley says.

"Riley, hope is for suckers." I lie on the bed once more. Riley turns off the light and says, "Good night, Maya."

"G'night." I mutter back.