As Time Passed By: Chapter Sixteen

It's Staurday the morning after and Riley and I are set to look for graduation ball dresses. I've eaten breakfast while Riley is bathing.

And unfortunately, Riley takes a year to bathe so hear I am sitting on the bay window, waiting for her to finish up. Shawn's house was similar to the Matthews', except Shawn's house was like a photo gallery. Photos lines the cream walls. They were photos of mostly him and Cory, some were of the places he's been to. One thing I did take notice of was, in all the photos, not one had Angela on them. The main theme of the house was black and white, so when you step into my room - it's like a totally different world.

So... I was watching cars pass by on the streets, when the doorbell rang.

Seeing that Shawn was out, I was the only one who could answer the door. I fling the door open to find that it was Riley's uncle - Josh, I think was his name. "Oh hello, come in."

"Hey Maya. So, Cory asked me to go with you girls today." He says as I lock up. I turn around to find his gaze fixated on my shirt.

"What? Do I have something on my shirt?"

"No! No! It's just that, I had a shirt like that." I say looking at the over large band t-shirt I was wearing. It was old. Probably got it from Demolition. "Exactly like that, with the collar cut and all." He says.

"Oh... Is that- agh!" I was cut off when a sharp pain shot through my head, and for a moment, there was a - a scene of some sort that came into view.

***
"Maya, give me back my shirt." His hand shoots out to grab the shirt from me.

"I don't think so, Uncle Boing." I say keeping out of his reach. "Besides, you've got enough bands shirts. Surely, you won't miss this one." I know he'll actually miss this one though. It was a shirt of the band Broken Arrows. His favorite band, and it happens to be my favorite band also.

"Fine, I'll let you keep it. Only for tonight. Since you forgot to bring yours." He says giving up.

I nod and smile though I don't have any intention of returning it. "Promise."
***

I feel two hands shaking me by my shoulders. "Maya? Maya? Are you alright?" It was Uncle Josh. Somehow, I ended up on the floor in front of the door.

I was surprised to see a very panicked expression in his eyes. "What happened out here?" Riley says coming out of the bathroom, in jeans and a white tee, her hair still wet. "Maya? Oh my God, are you alright?" She runs to me when she notices me crumpled on the floor.

"I'm fine, just got a bit dizzy that's all. Probably, didn't get enough sleep." I say standing up, the two of them helping me up. "I'm fine really."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Yes. Now, give me fifteen minutes to get ready and, we'll be good to go, yeah?" I say looking at Uncle Josh and Riley. They both nod and I head on to the bathroom.