As Time Passed By: Chapter Nineteen

A/N: School here in the Philippines starts at June up to March. My classes started today, Wednesday, June.10.2015. I'm so sorry if I'm not able to update frequently anymore. Anyway, here's a longer chapter for all of you.

*****

"Maya," Riley sing songs, "Wake up it's time for school." She stroked my arm, but that only made me want to stay in bed more.

I roll over. "No... Five more minutes." I mutter.

Last Night, Sunday Night, Riley and Lucas had come over for movie night. Farkle was supposed to go to, but he was MIA. We tried to contact him, but it was no use. So I had a good six hours of Lucas and Riley's yuckiness. From six to midnight. Yuck!

"C'mon, it's the first day you go back after your two month hiatus." She says in her normal voice now.

"I was not on a hiatus, Riles." I say not opening my eyes, but then the duvet was suddenly ripped from my body and I bolted upward thanks to the cold. I glare at her, but she just gives me an innocent smile.

"Good your up. Uncle Shawn says breakfast is ready." She says walking out the room.

Ugh!

*****
I finished bathing and all that stuff and right now, we're eating breakfast. Shawn knows how to cook, but really can't be bothered sometimes. So today, he is feeding us oatmeal.

"This is odd." He says looking at Riley and me eating side by side. "I'm used to you barging through the Matthews's door." He points his fork at me.

"Believe me.. This is weird." I say looking at the both of us. I rise to put my now empty bowl on the sink when an unbearable pain shoots through my head.

*****
"I'm not your uncle, Maya." He says as I hug him tightly.

"Even better." I say taking in his scent.

"Ummm..." Riley says prying me off of him. I take a step back and put my hands on my jacket.

"It's - it's been a while." He says.

"Sure has." I say a smile ever present on my face.

He rubs the back of his neck. "Well, boy you grew up gorgeous." I couldn't help but grin. At my peripheral vision, I see Riley with a disbelieving expression on her face. "You are not going to be my aunt."

"I can't hear you. Baradaradadarada!"

****
I open my eyes only to find that I was clutching the dining table so hard, my knuckles turned white. "Maya!!! Are you alright?" Shawn's frantically voices calls out.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." I put my hand on my slightly throbbing head. "What happened?" I look to Riley.

"You blacked out again." She says, a solemn expression on her face.

"Again?" His head snaps to Riley. "You mean this has happened before?" His eyes wide.

"Yeah." I brush it off as nothing. I remove my hand from the table. His hand flies to my back to assist me. "Are you sure you're alright?" He asks once more.

"Yes.. yes.. Riles, it's seven o'clock we better get going." I say grabbing my bag and walking to the door.

"Bye Uncle Shawn," Riley says.

"Bye kids." I hear him say before the doors close.

*****
We're at school now. I could see people giving me these looks, looks of pity and wonder. But I just ignored them.