As Time Passed By: Chapter Twenty

A/N: I'd just like to thank everybody who has been voting and commenting on my stories and adding the stories to their reading lists. Thank you so so much. You don't know how much it makes my day. Knowing that you people are giving this crappy fic a chance is really a joy. Thank you so much again. Anyways, on to the next chapter!!!

*****
I expected today to be one of my more normal days. But that idea flew right out the window as soon as I leave my room for breakfast.

"Shawn, what's for- oh hello" I cut off when I saw a tall dark man with grey hair sitting on the couch. The man had an air about him, like he's always alert and ready for something. And I wasn't wrong.

"Hello. I'm Alvin Moore," the man rises and stretches out his hand to shake mine. I wordlessly shake it, confused at who he is.

"Retired Sergeant Alvin Moore." That's when it clicks. Stories of army recruits and goodbyes come flashing through my mind. "Angela's father?" I ask looking at Shawn. He nods his head in reply.

"Nice to meet you, sir. I'm Maya. Umm.. I'll go prepare you coffee." I introduce myself before heading to the kitchen.

Seeing as there was a divider between the kitchen and the living room, I couldn't really hear them, but I could hear them talking softly.

I prepare the coffe and set it on the coffe table in front of the couch. "Thanks Maya." Shawn says.

I put my hands in my pocket. "No problem. Umm... It's quarter to seven. I better head out or we'll be late for school." I say grabbing my bag and making my way to the door.

"Oh of course." Shawn says after taking a sip from his coffee.

"It was nice to meet you, Mr. Moore." I say putting my hand on the door knob.

"You too, Maya." He says smiling.

"Shawn, don't forget tonight's family Game Night at the Matthews." I didn't get a chance to hear his reply because I already closed the door and sprinted for Riley's.

***
"And he was already there when you went out for breakfast?" Riley asks as we head to school.

"Yup." I say.

"And he was alone?"

"Uhuh..."

"Angela wasn't there?"

"Nope."

"Why do you think he was there?" She asks.

"I don't know, but I have a funny feeling about his visit. I don't know." I say as we enter the entrance of our school.

*****
We're back at Riley's now. Everyone's getting ready for family game night, but we haven't had any dinner yet, so we were going to eat first.

To my surprise, Mr. Moore is joining us for family game night. Mr. & Mrs. Matthews, along with Shawn, caught up, but Riley and I didn't tune in on their conversation. Instead we talked about a mishap that happened to Missy earlier this afternoon. Let's just say that she was being a know-it-all earlier during Chem that shortened her hair for about five inches.

Suddenly, the door opens and Uncle Josh comes bursting in. "Hey kiddies. Josh is here and he's come with a special guest." He steps aside to reveal a man who is about the same height as him only taller. Her was in a NYU t-shirt with a checkered flannel over it.

It surprises me when Riley greeted him. "Andrew! How have you been? It's been too long." She say hugging him.

"Hey Riley." He says bending only ever so slightly to hug Riley. It was strange. The two seemed so familiar with each other, but I never heard Riley mention his name before.