As Time Passed By: Chapter Twenty-Three

We stopped by Riley's so Auggie and Mr.&Mrs. Matthews could go with us. Farkle decided to tag along, and by the time we got there, dinner was just about it be served.

"Hey Shawn." Farkle says giving Shawn the bro-hug. "Hey Farkle."

Farkle's eyes flick towards the tall man standing behind Shawn. And instantly, he recognized who it was. "Hello, you must be Mr. Moore." He says shaking Mr. Moore's hand.

"That I am." He says smiling at Farkle.

"It's nice to meet you, sir." Farkle says.

We proceed to the dining room, and damn. The food on the table was looking like heaven.

Riley and I sat next to each other of course at the middle of table. Auggie say in front of Farkle at the end of the table. Dad was the first to comment on the food on he table. "Shawnie! How'd you learn to cook all of these?"

"Angela did most of the cooking." Shawn says sheepishly taking a seat in between Mr. Moore and Angela.

For the first few minutes of dinner, everyone remained quiet. It seems like everyone was really hungry.

Mr. Matthews was the first to break the silence. "So... Angela, what made you come to New York?" I have a feeling he already knew the answer but asked it nonetheless to hear the story once again.

"Well my dad, decided to be sneaky and go to New York without asking my permission." Farkle laughs at this. We all look at him since he was the only one laughing.

He realizes this and says, "You do have to admit, it is quite funny." One by one, everyone started laughing, except for Angela, who was holding back her laughter behind a straight face. "Well, laugh all want. It wasn't funny when I walked into our an empty penthouse. Anyway, when is your graduation ball going to be?"

"Friday. Two weeks from now." Farkle was the one to answer.

"Oh! I remember when it was our grad ball? Cory spilled punch on Mr. Feeny's shirt." Angela exclaims. Shawn, Mr. and Mrs. Matthews' expressions suddenly changed. It was one of excitement from the mention of 'the old days.'

"Oh yeah! And he had to wear Mr. Turner's extra polo shirt which was two sizes to big." Shaw says. Mr. Matthews was just smiling sheepishly as they recounted his old mishaps.

"You guys had some great adventure during your high school days, huh?" Riley says.

"High school and college." Angela didn't realize that hit a little too close to home. Since we're not going to the same college, Farkle and Lucas, Riley and I won't be able to have college memories like they did. Sure, Riley and I are still going together, but it's not the same. "Speaking of, where are you going this fall, Farkle?"

Farkle pauses from eating. "I decided to go to Yale. It is my dream school." He says.

Angela looks at Mrs. Matthews who gave a shrug. "Congratulations! Getting in to Yale is no easy thing." What was that about?

"Thank you." Farkle resumes eating and conversing with Auggie who looked bored out of his mind.

"And you Riley and Maya?"

"St. Catherine's University of the Arts in Paris." Riley says.

"St. Catherine's!!! Oh my! Congratulations!!" Angela says.

"Thank you..." We trail off wondering the story behind her excitement.

"Judging by your expression you know something we don't." Mrs. Matthews says.

"St. Catherine's only accpets two hundred students a year and only fifty are granted a scholarships." She says.

"Wow..." I didn't know that.