As Time Passed By: Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/N: A huge thank you to @CabeyoCameelaHart for mentioning me on her story. It's a huge honor to be mentioned by anyone really. XD
*****

Riley's POV

When I woke up the next morning, I blushed to find myself in an awkward position involving Lucas. I found myself using him as a teddy bear. God, I hope he doesn't wake up.

I sit up only to find Smackle and Farkle in a compromising position as well. Though, this would be normal considering its Farkle. Farkle always loved to sleep, as Maya and I called it, the starfish position. Half of his body was sticking out to me, and the other half well... Let's just say Smackle is apparently a snuggler.

I look around me and see everyone was sound asleep. Except for one person. Where my Uncle Josh was supposed to be sleeping in, was only a mess of tangled sheets and pillows.

I walk out the kitchen to find him preparing coffee for himself. I cough in order to let myself be known. "Uncle Josh. You're up early." I say, my voice a little bit groggy from sleep.

He shrugs leaning on the counter. "I'm an early riser I guess."

"Uncle Josh..." I trail off as I prepare some coffee for myself.

"Yea?" He says after taking a sip from his.

"Why didn't you just tell her? Why didn't you just tell here there was possibility of you liking her?" I spit out after a moment of silence.

"Because I was young and I didn't know what to do." He replies. He starts taking out placemats from the cupboard and sets them on the table. "Because I cared, the same way I cared for you, and I didn't want you either hurt. She's like my little sister. I don't want any dicks around her, even if I was one of them." He goes on.

Following his example, I take out the dishes from where they're kept and set them on the table, making sure to account for the guests. He continues, "I kept denying it, even to myself, because once the words come out, I have no choice but to accept them, and believe the truth behind it - no matter how small."

I sigh and look him in the eye. "I wish you would've told her though. Things could be different." I say thinking of all
the possibilities and the accident that could never have happened.

"That's life." He shrugs it off. "Anyway, wanna start breakfast? Sure Cory and Topanga would appreciate not having to prepare breakfast once in a while." He says as he takes out the needed utensils, and I happily assist him in a king breakfast.
*****

Farkle and Smackle had to leave immediately after breakfast, leaving only me, Maya, Lucas and Josh to clean up. Lucas and Maya washed up and Josh and I dried them.

After cleaning up, we found ourselves on the sofa with nothing to do. "What do we do? Now that we're official high school graduates." Maya says stressing on those words.

"Well I can tell you what you shouldn't do. You should not spend a day drinking with your buddies and doing stupid things." Josh says chuckling, fondly remembering the end of his high school days.

"You did what?" I say schocked to have heard this. Uncle Josh was on the honor role, meaning he was one of the good kids. Him doing illegal things? That would've given grandma a heart attack.

"I didn't say I did those. But my friends did." He quickly denies.

"Let me guess, you were their designated driver." Lucas says.

"Uhuh... But, Morgan had to bail me out. Thank god it was her that picked up the phone." He says.

After that an awkward silence filled the air. Nobody said nothing, until Uncle Josh spoke up again. Touching a very sensitive topic. "Sooo... Don't you have any packing or shopping of some sort to do? For Paris?" I feel Lucas tense up beside me, but I don't call on him.