As Time Passed By: Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Riley and Maya's Outfit ^^^^ up top XD

"Girls, we've been to more than fifty stores... Can't you just pick one?" Uncle Josh whines. We snap our heads toward him, our expressions incredulous.

"Just pick one?!?" We say in unison, outraged. Uncle Josh then started to look very afraid.

"We are going-" Riley says.

"To our gradball-" I say.

"You can't just expect us to wear-" Riley continues.

"Something that isn't perfect!!!" We say in unison.

"Yeesh. Sorry, just stop doing that. After all these years it's still creeps me out. " He puts his hand up in a surrender motion.

"Okay fine... Since it is getting darker, how about we hit one more shop? And then we go home." I say, noticing that searching would be pointless on an empty stomach.

"Kay fine." Riley says.

We go into the last store on the block. The store was fairly large and exclusive for prom dresses, night gowns and of the like.

And immediately, when we step inside the store, my eyes land on a blue long gown. I hit Riley on the arm and say, "That is your dress."

"Oh my God!!! That is my dress!! Thanks Maya! Hold on I'm gonna call a sales lady." She hugs me and then runs off to find a sales lady. I'm left alone with Uncle Josh in awkward silence.

"Well, I'm just gonna go and sit there for a while." He points to the couches in front of the fitting rooms. I nod my head and proceed to look for my dress.

I don't know what it is, but whenever I'm alone with Uncle Josh, I feel really awkward. Probably it's because he's really cute. I haven't told Riley this because I'm afraid of what she'll say. Josh is, after all, her uncle.

I got snapped out of my reverie when Riley squealed beside me. "What is it, Riles?"

"I've found the perfect dress for you!!!." She shows the cocktail dress she's 'hiding' behind her back. My jaw dropped and Riley was right: this is the perfect dress for me. "Here, I've already got it in your size." She hands the dress to me.

"Now, c'mon let's try them on." She pulls me by the wrist and we enter separate fitting rooms to try on our dresses.

I strip out of my clothes quickly and put on the cocktail dress. The dress fit perfectly. It stopped two and a half inches above my knee. It accentuated my waist. The length of the skirt, or the lack thereof, showed of my legs and made them looked longer. It was a sexy little number, that I can say. I take a good look at myself on the mirror and I have to say, Riley picked good.

I hear Riley call out that she wants to see the dress and I quickly open the lock of the dressing room.

She looked amazing in her gown. The gown seemed to have made her look even taller. "Maya, you look - pretty ouchie wawa!"

"I could say the same thing about you! You look amazing!!! You have to buy that dress!!"

"Thank you." She says and then she looks at her reflection in the mirror between the dressing rooms. It was then she noticed Uncle Josh's expression. "Uncle Josh, what do you think?"

Riley's questions forced him to pick up his jaw on the floor. "You two look beautiful." His gaze was making me uneasy. His eyes were fixated on me. I averted my eyes, looking at anywhere but his. Riley nudged me and I muttered, "Thanks." I look down onto the floor.

"Okay, let's go pay for these." Riley's says. We both enter our respective dressing rooms.

*****
We just walked through the door and we were met by Mrs. Matthews smiling creepily with her hands behind her back. "Mom, what's going on?"

She shows two envelopes behind her back. "The letters from St. Catherine's Academy of the Art just arrived." The smile still on her face.

Oh. My. God.