As Time Passed By: Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: It's Manila Day and we don't have classes, so I decided to treat everyone to an update. :) Enjoy!

*****
It's the next morning already, and I leave the house as early as I could and bolted to the Matthews'. You could say I was a bit excited to tell her that Angela was here. I find it ironic, the person I used to dread even the sound of her name, is the reason for my excitement now.

"Riley seven o'clock." I say a little bit breathless, but not enough to be noticeable.

"Maya, it's only quarter to seven." She says looking at the time.

"Riley, seven o'clock." I say in a tone that implies I've got something urgent to tell her. There are only several occasion in which I come in early, all of which I had exciting news to tell. Like the time my mom booked a role in a big shot movie.

"Oh!!!! Alright." She says realizing. "Got it. Bye mom! Bye dad! See you later." She runs to the door grabbing her bag of the couch in the process.

Once we were on our way to the subway, I started talking. "Something happened!"

"What? What? Is Shawn alright?" She says frantic.

"Yeah yeah." I say.

"Mr. Moore? Oh no don't tell me it's your mom." Riley overreacts.

"No! It's Angela, she suddenly showed up last night." I say finally getting more than a word in.

"What?!?" She says surprised.

"Keep your voice down." I say looking around, people were starting to stare in the subway station.

"Right. Sorry." She says looking around her. We board our train and I proceed to recount the events of last night.

*****
"Angela!" I say surprised that she's here.

"Hey Maya, it's good to see you." She says moving to hug me.

"You too... If you don't mind my asking, what are you doing here?" I say not believing she's here. I hear someone cough behind me. I turn around to see Mr. Moore looking guilty sitting on he couch.

"Baby girl, you know I couldn't stand living there any longer. Europe just isn't my home." He explains.

She gives him a pointed look and proceeds to explain. "My dad, thought it was a good idea to go here while I was away on tour. When I got home he wasn't there leaving only a note saying where he was going, so I took the earliest flight to New York. And here I am." She says motioning to the house. I could tell by the tone of her voice that she really didn't intend to stay for a long time, so I intervene.

"Ohh..." I chuckle "Well, since you're here any way, why don't you stick around for a while? It'd be nice to catch up." I say a cheeky little idea popping into my head.

"Uhm..." Angela hesitates and I can almost feel Mr. Moore's nervousness at what her daughter would say.

"Yeah, you can stay here for a while. There are two guest bedrooms." Shawn says. And I can't help but inwardly grin.

She looks at the three of us back and forth a while, but she caves anyway. "Sure, that would be lovely."

*****
"And now operation ShawnAngela shall commence." I finish my recounting of events. I was determined on getting them together. I may not have a plan yet, but it's all in a day's work.

"Maya, are you sure this is a good idea?" Riley says concerned. Many of our old schemes usually got us into trouble. Something we've tried to stay away from.