Chapter 3

Inside the car, silence reigned. Apart from Matt, Will ,Amiya an the rest's breaths, nobody dared to make a sound, especially the two unfortunate boys. While he drove, Matthews looked nervously from time to time through the rearview mirror at their "guests". The blue-haired woman had taken the copilot seat, while the bunny girl, the masked guy had sat at the backseats, along with, he later found out, the blue-haired' s sister. Unfortunately, he had to move Edward to the back of the van, shortly after Will and the woman called W took seats there.

He was afraid of talking, lest he irritates them any further. Suddenly, the white-haired woman spoke:

-Hey, now that I think of it, you haven't told us what your names are...

-Well, I'm Matthews, Erelith Matthews. – he pointed at the back. – And those two are Will and Edward.

-I'm Talulah, nice to meet you. – Without expecting it, she reached him and shook his hand.

The rabbit-girl was next:

-You can call me Amiya. – Her tone was friendly in contrast to what he had seen until this point. She pointed at the masked guy. – And this is the Dokutah.

-And I am Ch'en. – She said from the copilot seat.

-Oh, ok I guess... - Matt wasn't sur about what to say next, but he carried on anyways. – Hey, Amiya, may I ask you something? – He pointed at her rabbit ears – You guys tell me, are those real?

-Eh, yeah... why do you ask? - she answered with certain confusion. Then the Dokutah intervened. – That's a strange question, in Terra everybody has some kind of feature, be it horns or animal parts.

Will, who was listening to this, let out a laugh and said:

-You guys must be kidding, right? There's no way that can be possible, no normal human has those things. Also, what the heck is Terra? First time I hear it.

W laughed at him. – Are you living in a cave or what? Even toddlers know what Terra is. And if you still don't believe... - She suddenly grabbed Will's hand and placed it on one of her horns. He was astonished.

-Holy shit... - Indeed, when he touched it, the horn proved to be hard as a rock. That meant... - You're not kidding... but, how is this even possible? – He took back his hand and looked at Matt with opened eyes. – Dude...

Amiya Ch'en and Talulah exchanged glances.

-This is strange, they don't seem to know anything, neither about Terra, neither about the other races... - muttered Amiya. – Almost as if...

-Almost as if for them it was fiction, something that doesn't exist... - The draco said.

-Please, don't tell that you two are thinking what I'm thinking... - muttered Ch'en. She looked at Matt. – Does "Originium" or "Arts" sound familiar to you?

Matt was confused. – No, it doesn't... Is the firs time I hear the term. Should I know or...?

-Forget it. – She turned to her companions. – Well, guys. This may seem hard to believe, but with all we know so far... - she took a deep breath – We're no longer in the world we know.

-Wait, you're saying that thing transported us to another world? – Asked the Doctor in disbelief. – Damn...

Matt and Will were left speechless. It was like a comedy or something. A couple of minutes ago, the only worry they had was whether they'd arrive home late. Now, they found themselves having to deal with five strange people who, in an ironic twist of fate, came from another world... What kind of rotten luck was that?