Chapter 20

Gunshots and yelling erupted all across the hangar as the battle became fiercer. Amiya's dark arts and Talulah's fire crashed into the American's lines, and at the same time the swordswomen faced off against the soldiers, sharing out slashes left and right.

-AGHHH!!!! – Monst3r was creating havoc among their lines, anyone who came across its path was teared apart by its claws.

The battle was going fine for them... but as the fight dragged on, the Americans started to slowly tip the balance in their favor. It didn't matter what they did, the US Army greatly surpassed them in terms of firepower and in numbers. It was only a matter of time before Amiya and her friends were overrun... but they weren't going to give up yet.

-CLANG!! – Chen's sword hit a soldier, sending him crashing to the floor, immediately followed with a slash to another group of guys.

-Be careful!!! – exclaimed the lung. – Don't let them pass...!!!

-BOOM!!! – At that moment, someone fired a Javelin at Monst3r, landing a direct hit. The beast howled in pain as the rocket exploded in its face, shattering part of his face and body.

Ch'en momentarily turned to look at the injured beast, and it proved to be a fatal error. Without her noticing, a soldier had grabbed a Javelin and pointed it at her.

-Sis, watch out!!! – Ch'en turned and saw the guy, but it was already late. He pulled the trigger and the rocket flew straight towards her. She was going to be hit... but then a blade enveloped in flames swung over her head and miraculously intercepted the rocket, slicing it in two. The subsequent explosion threw both Talulah and Ch'en to the ground.

-I owe you one. – The lung thanked as she got up. – We can't keep up with them, we're outnumbered.

-That's why we need to find an exit. – Said Talulah.

With that said, the team concentrated their attacks on one spot, managing to create a gap between the Army's lines. They fought their way through the hangar, bullets and shells raining upon them relentlessly.

-Keep moving!!! The exit is near!!! – Yelled Nearl.

The group pressed on the attack, giving their all. The infantry was relentless in their assault, they fired at them with everything, from rifles to RPGs... but they kept going, ignoring the shells landing all around them. The exit gates were just at some distance ahead, they almost were there... but their hopes were crushed when dozens of infantrymen came out from the sides and blocked their path. They were surrounded from all sides.

Ch'en looked around with defiance.

-*pant* Well, you got us!! - She exclaimed, grabbing a hold of Chi Xiao. – But don't think that we're going down without a fight!!

Silence, utter silence. No one responded, not even a mutter... but then, the lone sound of clapping was heard across the hangar.

-*clap* *clap* * clap* You sure have some guts to say that, Ch'en... - Someone spoke from above. Amiya and the rest raised their heads... there, standing in a suspended platform, the familiar face of DiAngelo watched them with a grin on his face.

-DiAngelo.... – muttered Kal'tsit.

-You know? We should stop seeing each other like this, always getting into unnecessary fights... but nonetheless I surely do welcome you to my lair... Rhodes Island.

----------

W and her team made their way across the base as the alarms blared, nor that they cared much about it. On the halls, dozens of soldiers stood their ground, cutting their way... the team simply got rid of them with their new acquisitions, which they had "borrowed" from the armory, ranging from simple assault rifles to a bloody minigun.