Chapter 10

The taxi followed the limousine on its way out of Boston, and into the wilderness. They kept their distance from the limousine, but always close enough to keep it in sight, and like that, several hours passed.

It was already afternoon, with the night approaching quickly. The two cars drove through a lonely road in the middle of nowhere. Apart from the thick forest surrounding them, there wasn't really any sings of human life. Inside the taxi, Matt, Will, Amiya and the rest monitored every move of the limousine, although some were growing tired of it.

-Fuck... How much longer are these guys planning to just keep driving? – cursed W. – It has been almost two hours, yet they still haven't stopped. This is way too boring.

-Can you shut up for once, please? – exclaimed Matthews. – We don't need your complaints.

The sarkaz shot a murderous glare at him.

-What did you say...?

-What you've heard. – Edward looked at his friend with a glare saying "Wtf are you doing?", while the two sisters facepalmed. Now it was inevitable.

-Wait, why're you grabbing...? - before he could finish, W leaped on him and started to punch him in the face.

Talulah sighed.

-Leave her to be. She'll eventually calm.

-I hope she doesn't beat the shit out of him too much. – Muttered the Doctor.

Before the chat could go any further, the limousine made a sudden turn and got into a country road leading into the depths of the forest. Ch'en shouted.

-Driver, follow that road!

-Understood! – The taxi went after the limousine and merged into the road. After some time, they saw the limousine enter a hunting ground deep in the forest. The group thought that they were following them into the grounds, but the driver stopped unexpectedly. Matt looked at him with confusion.

-Why did you stop?

-I'm sorry sir, but I'm definitely not entering private property. The last thing I want is getting shot by the owner.

-Okay. – Will sighed. – Thank you for the ride, we'll continue on foot from here. – And with that said, he got out of the car.

A couple of minutes later, the group stood in the boundary of the road, watching as the taxi went back from where it came from. When the taxi finally disappeared from their sight, the Doctor turned to his friends and said.

-Well, looks like we're going to make another trek through the forest...

-In that case let's get going. – sentenced Ch'en.

They started walking along the dirt path, following the limousine's trails. Nothing relevant happened for about 45 minutes, not until Matt spotted something in the distance...

-I see something! – a truck could be seen far away, coming in their direction. Edward tapped him in the shoulder.

-Matt, that's no ordinary truck.

-C'mon, move behind these! – W pointed at a group of thick bushes by the side of the road. Everyone hid behind them.

As the truck was approaching, more details started to be seen, including the logo printed on the side. Will, Matt and Edward recognized it almost immediately.

-That's the logo of the US Army... - muttered Edward.

-I don't like where this is going... - said Amiya. She looked at the Doctor. – Dokutah, what do you think?