Chapter 6

Once they got inside the building, the group finally stopped to catch their breath. Matt, somewhat calmer, leaned against the wall.

-Puff... finally. – He sighed in relief. – Those FBI guys don't seem to be following us...

-Yes, but it won't last for long. They'll eventually come searching for us. – affirmed Ch'en.

-That's why we'll be hiding here. – Intervened Will. – We'll blend in among the crowd, wait till everything calms, and hopefully we can get outside unnoticed.

-Sound like a good plan – W acknowledged. She stood up and looked down the corridor. – C'mon, let's get moving, staying here is starting to get boring.

With that said, they ended this short break and resumed their journey through the depths of the pavilion.

The place was like a maze. The hallways branched off very often, making it even more confusing. They almost got lost a couple of times, but thankfully they stumbled upon with a worker, who kindly pointed out the way to the main area for them. Oddly enough, before leaving, the worker made an interesting remark.

-By the way, you've got very good cosplays!

It was strange, but they didn't think much about it.

With that, they finally got to the main area. It was a very spacious and big place. They walked inside but then, out of a sudden, Amiya and her companions froze in place. Matt, Will and Edward were confused.

-Hey guys, why did you stop...? – At that moment Matt saw it as well. – Oh, I see...

That was the moment they realized where they had walked into. There was an anime convention being held there, and it wasn't just a regular convention...

-It's only me... or those people over there are dressed just like our friends back at Rhodes? – Asked himself the Doctor, staring in disbelief.

He was right, it didn't matter where they looked, there were cosplayers everywhere... all of them dressed as their acquaintances. It was clear. They had just walked into an Arknights convention, the posters on the walls being a proof of it. Amiya and the rest looked at the convention dumbfounded. They recognized many of them: SilverAsh, Courier, FrostLeaf, Surt, Skadi, Texas and Exuiasi from Penguin Logistics...

-Wait, that's me! – In effect, there were several people cosplaying as Amiya. There were also some Doctors scattered around, and sometimes a Ch'en could be spotted among the crowd. The aforementioned lung gave Edward an interrogative look.

-Are really people into this? – He nodded. She looked back at the convention, not knowing what else to say. – Well, it's just... I would have never imagined that I would get to see people getting dressed like me, even if, for them, I'm a fictional character from a game...

-Neither I would have expected to meet people from another world. – Said Will jokingly. He shot a glare at Edward. – Did you know anything about this place?

-Yeah, the Arknights convention was this weekend. I had thought that we were going here as part of the surprise...

-Hey, don't be sad. – Will cheered him up. – It may have not been what you expected, but now instead of five people dressed like your favorite characters, you get to know the real deal.

Edward wanted to answer him but, at that moment, yells began to come from the halls they came from.

-Damn... can't the feds leave us alone for five goddam minutes?! – Complained W angrily. The Doctor could only sigh – Looks like they've got plenty of energy left to chase after us...