Chapter 5

Matt, Will and the sisters rejoined the rest at the emergency stairs. The first thing Edward said to them was:

-Quick! They're closing on us! – Not far from them, a group of FBI agents saw them going down the stairs. They took aim and started to shoot.

-Get down!

A rain of bullets fell upon the group, but fortunately nobody got hurt. Taking cover, they crawled until they reached the ground. There, they were received with more shots from the FBI. Without skipping an instant, the group ran under the enemy fire and hid behind a container. W started to curse under her breath.

-There's too many of them! We need to distract them with something!

-Don't worry. – replied Talulah. – I'll provide cover, you go and find a van to get out of here.

The sarkaz nodded. At her signal, Talulah left the hideout. She positioned herself in front of the agents, raised her hand and...

-¡FUASHH! – Her fire orb hit the agents, incinerating a quarter of them. The remaining survivors broke their formation and took cover.

-¡Concentrate fire on that woman! – Shouted one of them. They redirected their shots at her, but the draco then raised a tall wall of pure flames, effectively blocking them. W exploited the situation and ran towards the column of cars parked in front of the house. Amiya and the rest got behind Talulah, drawing their weapons.

W ran and ran, until she reached her destination. She stopped, and the began to search for a suitable vehicle for them. "Let's see. Too small, too colorful, too old... Ahaha, I found you!", her gaze stopped in a fairly normal van. She looked at the interior for a moment, then suddenly she grabbed a rock and smashed it into the crystal, tearing it apart. She reached for the handle and opened the door, then got under the steering wheel and opened the cable box. "Hope that I remember what the old man taught me...", said the sarkaz to herself.

--------------

-Ugh... damned bastard... - Said Mülhausen with a grunt. After that blue-haired woman had pushed him through the window, he had a very hard fall. Clumsily, he got back on his feet. When he looked around he saw Inspector Hawk run towards him, along with some of his men.

-Agent Mülhausen, are you okay? – he asked.

The CIA agent brushed it away with a wave of his hand. – Yeah, I'm fine. What's the situation?

-Currently our forces are holding them back at... - At that moment they heard the noise of an explosion, followed shortly after by yelling. Mülhausen watched the fireball claim again the lives of some unfortunate men. He turned to see the person behind this, a white-haired woman who he had seen earlier, at the house.

Without taking his eyes off the combat that was taking place a couple of meters in front of him, he went to the dumpsters. There he found a very long metal pole.

-What are you planning to do? – asked Hawk with a puzzled look in his eyes.

-You'll see. – answered the agent. – They need help. Go there with your men.

-Understood. – Inspector Hawk turned to face his men. – Grab your goddam rifles and go help your mates! Now! – He ran towards the battleground.

Mülhausen, with the pole in hand, took a deep breath and started to run towards the flame wall. He was going to immolate himself... but then, in the last minute, he stuck the pole into the ground, propelling himself to the heights. There he twisted his body, allowing him to avoid the wall of flames and cross to the other side. "Here I go".