Epilogue

W walked down the corridors of Rhodes Island, without a care. The few operators she encountered along the way threw at the mercenary looks of mistrust, but nothing more than that. A week had passed since they returned from their little trip to Earth, and during this time W had joined Rhodes as an operator. Due to her prior history as a Reunion ringleader, some still distrusted her, but the sarkaz didn't mind.

Anyways, as she went through the landship, W stumbled upon Adnachiel. The sancta nervously spoke.

-O...oh W... I didn't ex... expect you here...

-Well, here I am~! – She merrily replied. – Hey, you can help me... Do you know where's Closure?

-Closure? Well... I think she's at her workshop.

-Ok, byee~ - And with that W walked away, leaving Adnachiel completely confused. The sarkaz laughed to herself as she headed to the vampire's workshop.

"It's time to pay someone a visit...", she said to herself.

-Ok, you can go inside, but please make it short. I don't want to get into trouble with Dr. Kal'tsit.

-Don't worry, Closure. I won't be there long. – Answered the sarkaz.

The vampire simply nodded and unlocked the cell's door, leaving way for W to step in. There she saw her.

Talulah was sitting in a concrete bench in the corner of the cell, seemingly lost in thought. She had her eyes fixed on something on her hands, it was a photo of her and Will, from when they went to Venice Beach. The memories of their time together gave her a rather recomforting sensation of nostalgia, her heart feeling at ease.

When W entered her cell, the draco raised her gaze and looked at her, a faint smile appearing on her face.

-Hi there~, Tal. – Greeted W.

-Hello, W. – The draco replied. – What does bring you here?

-Well, I thought I could drop around, and perhaps keep you a little company... - Said the sarkaz as she sat besides Talulah. – I'm not going to lie, sitting in jail sucks. It's ironic that the asshole of DiAngelo was right about the imprisonment thing... Kal'tsit didn't even hesitate to bring you here.

-Well, I was prepared for such outcome. – She sighed. – At least I have something to entertain myself with...

-Yeah, I see... - W began to rummage in her pockets, until she found what she was looking for. – By the way, I have something for you.

The mercenary took out a pen-drive and placed it in Talulah's hands. She looked closely at it. There was something written on it.

-There's something here. "Project Twilight"... - At that moment she realized what it really was. – Wait, don't tell me these are...!

-Yes, they are. – Said W as she recovered the pen-drive. – Those are the blueprints of the interdimensional gate of DiAngelo, or at least a copy of them. Alfred gave me it before he died.

-W, I.... – Talulah curled a smile. – Thank you.

-You're welcome. – At that moment W stood up. – Maybe not now, but when that old hag decides to let you out, feel free to come grab it and go see Will.

-Don't worry, I'll certainly grab it. – Said Talulah.

The mercenary didn't reply. She walked towards the door and proceeded to exit, but just before going she turned back and spoke.

-Hey, do me a favor. If you go back there... please give my regards to the boys.

Talulah nodded.

-Do not worry, you can count on me. – She paused for a brief instant. – See you soon, W.

-You too, Tal! Goodbye! – With that, W finally left, closing the door behind her. Talulah glanced back at the photo. A warm expression appeared on her face. "We'll be together soon, Will. Just wait..."

----------

-Ok, this should be the place... - Muttered Michael to himself.

Highstew was sitting inside a café located on the JFK airport. He had a tired expression on his face, the bags under his eyes betrayed that he had barely slept these last days. He sat in an isolated table on the corner, away from any prying eyes.

"Fuck... I'm almost at my limit...". The last week had been hard. He had almost died at Mt. San Antonio, but luckily some officers allowed him to escape the base, barely avoiding the explosions. One would think Highstew would be out of danger... but it wasn't the case. Following his death, the Government started to crack down all of DiAngelo's partners, and that forced him to go into hiding.

The situation was dire... but Highstew still had an ace up his sleeve, The Traveler. The prospect of a machine that could open portals to other worlds was a very tempting one, and many surely would want it...

-Sir, may I sit?

His heart skipped a beat, the sudden intrusion giving him a scare. However, Highstew quickly recomposed himself and turned to face the stranger. It was a man with black hair and of handsome expression.

-Fear not, Mr. Highstew. I'm on your side.

-I suppose you're the contact... - Said Highstew. – Forgive my previous reaction, I've been very stressed as of lately...

-Don't worry, it's fine. – Replied the man. He then sat right in front of the tycoon. – Well, let's get straight to the point. Do you have them?

-Yes, I have the blueprints. – Highstew took out a folder from his briefcase and handed it over to the man. – This machine will allow you to explore a world nobody has even seen, and one that it's waiting to be colonized.

The man looked over the documents.

-Wow... this is a marvel, Mr. Highstew... - He made a smirk. – President Gergeiev will surely like this.

-Yeah, I'm sure of that. – Highstew recovered the folder. – However... it won't be free. I expect payment for giving these to you.

-Do not worry, Mr. Highstew. Once my countrymen finish the conquest of Terra, you'll get you part, you have my word.

-Well, I hope you'll deploy the 13th in the conquest of Terra. It will be a tough campaign, believe me.

- Ах да, 13-я воздушно-десантная дивизия, так называемые "черные змеи" (Oh yes, the 13th Airbone Division, the so called "Black Snakes") ... They're the best of the best of the Russian Army. They're the good at what they do...

-Aja, and that includes burning cities like Lvov to the ground, right? – Highstew immediately regretted having said that joke. – Well, forget that...

At that moment an announcement was made through the airport's speakers. The man sighed in disappointment.

-Oh, сука... I'm sorry, but it's time for me to take my leave. – He stood up. And shook hands with him – Родина благодарит вас за ваши заслуги. Да здравствует Россия! (The Motherland thanks you for your services. Long live Russia!)

-Yeah, for the Motherland; whatever... - Highstew corresponded the shake, although unconvinced.

-Goodbye, Mr. Highstew. – The man started to walk towards the exit, but right before leaving he turned and added. – Oh, by the way. I wish you a good flight to Moscow.

And with that he finally left, leaving Highstew immerse in deep thought...

THE END?