Chapter 8

Five hours had passed since the fight at the convention center. The evening had already set in, with the setting sun over the horizon. After their successful escape, Matt, Will, Amiya and the rest found a relatively isolated park, where they stopped to catch their breath and rest.

Matt and Edward had gone looking for something to eat at some point, so now they were awaiting their return. After some time, they heard a shout.

-We're back!! – It was Will and Edward, and they were carrying a bag full sandwiches and coffee from Starbucks.

W went there and grabbed a sandwich, devouring it voraciously.

-*nam **nam* This morning was so intense that got me hungry *nam*.

-Please, don't remind me about that... - said Will, opening a coffee. – I've literally eaten nothing since yesterday.

Ch'en grabbed another coffee and took a sip. It had a familiar taste.

-Hnn... this tastes like the coffee at the Terrbucks.

Will raised an eyebrow.

-Terrbucks? What's that?

-Most likely the terran counterpart of Starbucks. – deduced Edward.

-Is that so? – exclaimed W. – Well, then we aren't so different after all...

Matthews looked around, and then his gaze focused on the Doctor. He hadn't touched neither the sandwiches or the coffee.

-Hey, now that I think of it, we haven't actually seen your face. With that helmet... isn't it uncomfortable to wear it all the time?

Amiya quick rushed to defend him.

-He likes to wear it, simply that. If the Dokutah doesn't want to show his face, it's just because he doesn't feel doing so.

-But Amiya, he surely can't be wearing it all the time. I mean, if he wants to eat, then there's no other way than taking off the helmet...

Will shot a glare at the Doctor.

-You don't have to worry, we won't laugh at your face, I swear. C'mon, eat something.

Amiya wanted to reply, but the Doctor put a hand on her shoulder.

-There's no need for that. Besides, they're right. I'm very hungry. – With that said, he proceeded to remove his helmet. Everyone held their breath. Will and Matt had a surprised expression on their eyes upon seeing the Doc's visage for the first time.

He was rather nice-looking, but not too much. His hair was completely white, his eyes with a shade of dark blue. He had some scars scattered across his face, the most prominent one under his chin.

-Hey, it wasn't that bad. – noted Edward.

The Doctor grabbed a sandwich and ate it with eagerness. After finishing his lunch, he stood up and spoke.

-Now guys, I know you might not want to talk about this right now, but we ought to address this matter. – He looked at the three boys. – The cops that were chasing us, are they part of some sort of organization or...?

-Yeah, those people were from the US government. – explained Matt. – I don't have the slightest idea on how they found out, but the thing is that it seems they want you dead.

-You forget something. We still don't know for sure if it's only the US searching for them. This could catch the interest of the Russians, or even the Chinese... - said Will.