Chapter 19

The day had finally come. Amiya and her companions had a tough task before them, but they were prepared. Their objective: Infiltrate the Mt. San Antonio Complex.

-Ok, we'll arrive in 15 minutes. – Announced Alfred from the cockpit. The team was currently sitting in the back of a trailer, which Alfred had rented to a random driver. There was some tension in the air, some held their weapons tightly as a mean of calming their nerves. Outside, it was late evening, the outline of Mount San Antonio could be seen in the horizon. It was truly the calm before the storm...

-Alright... - Sighed Ch'en as she threw a look at the rest. – We're almost there.... You know what to do once the time comes.

-Yeah – Replied Kal'tsit. – Once we're inside, our actions must go smoothly. Our window of opportunity here is very narrow...

-We have the surprise factor with us. – Said Hoshiguma. – I bet that they won't see this coming.

-Please, don't say it... – Matt let out. – Last time someone said something like that we got chased down by a dozen of Abrams!!

-Ok, I get it...

Matt didn't press the matter. He instead turned to his friend, Will, who was sitting right besides him.

-Will, you there? – He whispered.

-Yes. – Answered the boy. – Tell me, what do you want? I'm all ears.

-Well... - Matt made a pause. – Do you think that the agent that killed Edward will be there?

-Most probably yes... - Will put a hand in over his friend's shoulder. – Don't worry. We'll avenge Edd, I swear.

Matt replied with a smile. His friend was about to add something, but at that moment he felt something rest against his shoulder.

-Tal, may I know what are you doing?

-Well, I wanted a pillow, so... - The draco replied with a smirk. – Perhaps can I use you as substitute?

He simply chuckled and patted her head. – No problem, my fiery dragon~...

Matt looked at the couple with bewilderment, not knowing what was happening. However, soon the gears inside his mind clicked.

-Wait, don't tell me that... Are you two together? – He suddenly let out a laugh. – Oh my God, Willy! You've f*cking managed to get yourself a girlfriend!!

At that moment W, who was listening to all of this, decided to burst into the conversation.

-Is that true Willy~? – She teased. – So you've managed to conquer the Leader's heart, you're surely a lucky guy. - A devilish smile appeared on her lips. – Ah! It also explains last night's noises...

A shiver ran down her spine as the two glanced at her with murderous looks.

-Don't dare to say one more word... – Said Talulah, in a dark tone. – Else the ass I'm going to kick won't be DiAngelo's... It will be yours.

The sarkaz let out a nervous laugh, and then went silent. The mercenary may be crazy, but she still was sane enough to know that being on the receiving end of Talulah's anger probably wasn't the brightest of ideas. Nonetheless, that became irrelevant when Alfred shouted from the cockpit.

-Guys!! Hide in the boxes, we've arrived!!!

The trailer entered a secondary road, headed straight towards Mt. San Antonio, and a couple of meters ahead, they saw the tunnel dug into the mountainside, the entrance to the Complex.