Chapter 7

-Ok, so let's rewind a little. You telling me that some of our top workers, including our greatest tactician, our beloved CEO Amiya and the ex-chief of the LGD, along with the leader of Reunion and W, all have disappeared without a trace... and all this has been caused by a black hole we don't know nothing about, which has disappeared as well. Is that correct?

-Yes, Doctor Kal'tsit. – Steward explained, a little bit nervous. – I would have wished to have a more believable explanation... but it's the best we've got so far.

-... Very well. You can leave. – Steward nodded and left, leaving the lynx alone in her office. She leaned back on her chair.

-Hahh.... – she sighed. These last days had been a nightmare. With their victory at the battle of Chernobog and the pacification efforts that came behind, she hoped that Rhodes Island would finally see some peace... but then it happened. Amiya and the Doctor vanished.

Everyone at Rhodes started searching for the two, but it was futile. They were nowhere to be found. Time later, a recording was found at the Chernobog control Center. It showed everything that happened there, from the fight with Talulah/Kashchey to the moment they disappeared... She still wasn't sure something as random as a black hole could be behind their disappearances, but the video proved otherwise. It could be seen very clearly, a black hole appeared in the middle of the room, Amiya and the rest got pulled into it, everything was enveloped by a bright light... and then nothing. They weren't longer there.

"And the worst part about this is that we currently know nothing about their possible whereabouts..." She worried for Amiya and, very uncharacteristic of her, the Doctor's safety. Unfortunately, they couldn't do nothing for them, at least for now...

-*knock* *knock*. Dr. Kal'tsit, are you there? – Someone asked from the outside. Kal'tsit pushed her thoughts aside and answered.

-Yeah, come in.

The door opened, allowing the visitor to walk in. It was Warfain. The vampire-doctor gave Kal'tsit a look, noticing the dark circles under her eyes. She could only sigh.

-Dr. Kal'tsit, I know that you're worried for them, everyone is... but you should get some sleep. C'mon, what was the last time you slept, a couple of days ago? We can't afford to lose you as well, at least not now.

-Is that so? Well, I'll try to get more sleep I guess... - The lynx stood up with a groan. Then she looked back at Warfain. – Now back to the main topic, what do you want? I don't think you dropped here just to chat...

-Yeah, about that. Someone from the LGD wants to talk with you.

Kal'tsit took a deep breath.

-Again? I've already shared all the information regarding Chen's disappearance with them, I can't think of anything else they'd want to know...

-It looked like something very important. – Said Warfain.

-Well, it must be done then. – With that said, Kal'tsit walked out of the office, followed by the vampire.

When they arrived at the waiting room, there was already someone waiting for them. Kal'tsit recognized her, it was Hoshiguma. The green-haired oni waved at them.

-Warfain, Dr. Kal'tsit. – She greeted them. – Thank you for receiving me in these hard times.

-The pleasure is mine, Hoshiguma. – The lynx sat in the other couch. – So, tell me. How's the LGD doing? Losing chief Ch'en must have been a hard hit...

-Don't tell me. – The oni sighed. – The LGD is frantically searching for her and the situation is a mess. Also, we've had to find a room for Mr. Wei to stay in for the time being...