Chapter 13

As the dust faded away, everyone reopened their eyes. From the other side of the cliff, a new wave of US soldiers was coming closer, ready to offer battle. That, however, paled in comparison to what was coming up behind them. They were met with the terrifying sight of the M1 Abrams, whose main gun was already pointed at them. Edward immediately shouted.

-They fucking brought a bloody Abrams with them!!! – He saw a sparkle in the end of the main gun. – GET DOWN!!!

Another shell struck their position, lifting up rubble and dust. The group quickly recomposed and took cover behind some rocks. The three boys began firing with their rifles at the incoming enemies, trying to stall them as long as possible.

In the middle of the exchange, Matt ran out of ammo.

-Bullshit!! – He cursed. At that moment he noticed Jessica standing there, holding her gun and doing nothing with it. Damn, didn't she see what kind of situation they were in? Anyways, he tore it out of her hand all of a sudden. – Gimme that!!! – he shouted.

-Wait.... – the cat-girl stuttered, but didn't stop Matt from grabbing her gun. The boy then tried to fire at the horde of soldiers.

-Eat this, cunts!!! – He pulled the trigger and... nothing happened. – WTF? This piece of junk doesn't work!!

-Ehm... you need to focus your Arts to activate the bullets... - Said Jessica, though in a very low tone.

-God dammit... - Matt cursed.

The Abrams fired its main gun again, only missing the rocks for a couple of inches. More rubble was lifted. Franka looked at his companions and exclaimed.

-Or we take down that thing or we're done for!! Anybody has an idea?!!

-I may have one!! – shouted W. – It may sound crazy, but...!!

-We all know that with you everything is crazy!!! – cried out Matthews. – C'mon, spill it off!!

-Hey, no need to get angry!! – she pouted annoyingly. – Well, I'm needing some cover, once I get there I'll figure out how to destroy it!!

Kal'tsit let out a sigh. – Ok, let's pull this off.

At the sing of the sarkaz, the boys stoke out from the rocks and opened fire. The US riflemen answered with several barrages from their M4s. At the same time, Franka, Hoshiguma, Ch'en and Nearl stepped in and engaged the enemy forces.

Now that their companions had drawn the infantry's fire, Kal'tsit sent her "pet" into the frey, all while W and Talulah charged against the Abrams. Several shells landed in front of the duo, but it didn't slow them in the slightest. Talulah took the opportunity and started to cast her Arts. The temperature began to sharply increase, flames enveloping the tank. The draco focused all her power on the tracks, the heat so intense that they melted in a puddle of steel, effectively immobilizing the Abrams.

Unfortunately, that wasn't nearly enough to bring down the steel behemoth; the machine gun attached to the hull roared to life and released a burst of fire in the direction of the draco.

-Ugh!! – Talulah threw herself against the ground, the bullets almost grazing her head.

W continued to rush the tank, head on. Shells rained around her, yet she somehow managed to dodge them. Making a last effort, W sprinted towards the Abrams... and in the last moment she jumped and held on to the barrel of the main gun.

With a grunt, W took out a C4 bomb out of her pocket. "This has to work!", she said to herself. She took a deep breath... and finally shoved the C4 barrel down the main gun. Her job was done.