Chapter 4

-......... - Amiya, Ch'en and their companions stayed silent, all of their attention fixed on the mobile phone they were holding. On the screen, a game's interface was being displayed, with a very colorful title in the middle: ARKNIGHTS.

-Yeah, I know... - said Edward. – I still can't believe it myself, but... here you are.

W glared at him.

-So... you say that, for you, we're part of a game. That means... - he approached him, with a dark glare. – That means everything we've been through, every hardship, every death... for you it was only entertainment...

-Please, calm yourself, W – Intervened Matthews.

-No... - then she yelled. – Tell me... IT IS REALLY FUNNY TO SEE HOW WE LOSE THE PEOPLE WE CARE ABOUT?! DO YOU CONSIDER OUR MISERY AS ENTERTAINING?! ANSWER ME!! – before she could go any further, Talulah pulled her by the shirt and stopped her right on her tracks.

-Calm yourself. It isn't their fault, we're fiction for them. Moreover, us being here should be impossible in the first place. You can't blame someone for not caring about something that isn't real, after all.

-Tch. – She sat in the couch with her arms crossed. – Having my life and secrets revealed to strangers... disgusting. – She muttered.

Meanwhile, the rest still had their attention in the phone. The Doctor touched the screen and they were directed towards the main menu. They were greeted with a very familiar voice. There, the image of a certain lung was displayed in the main menu. Ch'en looked at Edward with a mix of embarrassment and annoyance.

-Edward...

-It's not what you think! – he answered nervously. – I put you as in-game assistant because I felt so, I swear!

-..... – her attention turned back to the phone when the Doctor clicked once again, accessing the story cutscenes. He randomly chose one and played it. When 1-7 stared to play, painful memories from then flooded their minds.

-I remember, Chernobog... - The Doctor whispered.

-To think that I had been such person back then... - said the draco to herself.

At that moment, a notification was displayed on the screen. It read: New post on r/0sanitymemes.

-What's this? – Amiya clicked on the notification. They were redirected to a reddit post. When the cautus saw the content, her rabbit eras twitched.

-But why?.... – her face was sad. – Why does everybody keep calling me a donkey...?

-Let me take a look. – Edward took the mobile phone and read the post. He let out a laugh. – Such wonderful meme.... – He turned towards Amiya. – Forgive me, but you have to acknowledge that your ears look like the one of a donkey's.

Her expression became sadder, her ears dropped down. Ch'en gave him a serious glare, making him regret what he had said. The Doctor patted her in the head.

-Don't be so sad, I think that your ears are good as they are. – A smile returned to her visage. At that moment, Matthews spoke.

-So, to summarize this. You say that you came from a place called Terra, where different races and something called Arts exist (aka, magic). There's also this rock called Originium, which is used in everything... but it also causes Oriphaty, basically rock cancer. Am I correct?

-Yes, absolutely. – said Edward. – I could tell you the storyline of the game if you want...

-Don't. – Replied W, cutting him. – That's more than enough.