Chapter 17

As the sun rose through the horizon, the hustle and bustle of night at LA began to fade, only to leave way to the bustle of the day. Passers-by strolling through the streets, the ever-present traffic and the liveliness... in this city there wasn't any difference between day and night.

The central alleys and squares were enveloped completely by this lively environment, with the people going on with their lives as usual.... But there, in on of LA's central squares, there was a group of people who stood out from the rest...

-Yo guys, I'm back!! – Amiya and the rest turned to see Alfred walking out of a hotel. He had a smile on his face. – I've booked rooms for all of us, and since we have two days until the expedition departs, we can go and visit the city.

-Well, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. – Commented Franka.

-Yeah, if we're putting ourselves in the wolf's nest, then at least I will have had a vacation! – Exclaimed Matt.

-The what are we waiting for? – Said Will.

The following days were ones full of visits, sightseeing... it was wild. The group went all around the most notorious places of LA.

They began by performing the mandatory visit to Hollywood Boulevard, walking down the mythic Walk of Fame. Amiya and her friends couldn't be more impressed by the fame behind the names engraved on the stars. But then, as they were reaching the arch famous Chinese Theatre, the group stumbled with an enormous crowd of people pressing at the gates. Lappland decided to investigate and entered the crowd without warning. Some minutes later, the lupo reappeared in front of them.

-Well, it was strange. I walked in there and almost got suffocated by those Imbecilli. – She explained. – I also stumbled with a guy with long black hair and beard. We talked for a bit, he said that I had a cool look and such; and he even offered himself for a picture! I thought "Why not?"... long story short, we ended up taking some photos, with him later signing it. Here it is.

She showed them the picture.... And from the very second the three boys laid their gazes on the photo, they went nuts.

-Wait... THAT'S KEANU REEVES!! YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU'VE TOOK A PHOTO WITH THE GODDAM REEVES?!! – Shouted Alfred – How did you do that?!!!

-Maybe it's because I have style, A differenza di te.

-I can't let this slip away... - Suddenly Alfred ran towards the human tide, all while yelling. – MAKE WAY, LET ME GET THERE!!! I ALSO WANT AN AUTOGRAPH FROM JOHN DADDY WICK!!!

-Oh my... - sighed Ch'en.

After this little "incident", the group continued with their tour around the city, eventually making their way to the foot of the mythic Hollywood sing. From there the views were splendid... and so they took a photo of them together, with the city of LA behind their backs.

On the next day, Amiya and the rest decided to spend the first half of the day on Venice beach... and oh boy, what happened there was incredible. That, however, is a story for another day.... Anyways, in the afternoon, the group went to the nearby Pacific Theme Park, and there they had quite the fun time. That became obvious when they got on the roller coaster.

-Guys, you're ready? – Asked Will to his companions sitting behind. – This is going to be a bumpy ride!

-Don't say that, Willy! – Exclaimed Talulah. – Oh!! Here we gooo!!!

-AHHHH!!!! – Everyone cried out as the car plunged into the abyss. The train cart descended at full speed through the rails and making some crazy twists... and then it finally came to a halt.