part 5

Part 5

Engagement

Recap: Anjali tells Atul the truth and they decide to go ask Rahul and Muskaan for help. Rahul and Muskaan are romancing when Atul and Anjali come into the room. They decide to help Armaan and Riddhima come together, and they call Sapna and tell her to come. Sapna and Amit arrive, as well as Armaan. Riddhima gets sad and shocked seeing Armaan there and goes away from there, while Armaan decides to get his Basket back.

Riddhima had locked herself in her room, and was sitting against the door with her knees bent up to her chest, her arms around them, and her face was between them and she was crying. She couldn't believe that Armaan was here. How could he be here? After all, she never told him about where she was going, and nor did he ever know about Atul and Anjali's wedding. Then how did he find out? All these questions were killing her. She wanted to be away from him, but as much as she tries, she always fails. 

She suddenly felt a knock on the door. She looked up. Her face was tear-stained and the make-up was smeared all over her face. She looked in the mirror and a low shriek came out of her mouth as she saw her face. She quickly got up and ran into the bathroom and washed her face. She quickly wiped it with a towel and came out. The knock was getting louder.

" Aa rahi hoon! " Riddhima said irritated by the knock. She finally opened the door and again was shocked. Armaan was standing in front of her with his bag on the floor. She was about to blast at him when she saw Padma coming towards her and Armaan. 

" Arre Riddhima beta. Yeh kya? Armaan abhi, abhi aaya, aur tu usse mili bhi nahin. Aisa kyun? " Now Riddhima was in a fix. She didn't know what to say. She never told Shashank and Padma about the REAL reason she had come to Delhi. 

" Woh' mamma' actually' baat yeh hain ki' " Riddhima stammered through and Armaan took over.

" Woh mamma, actually Riddhima mujhse gussa hain. Maine Riddhima ko promise kiya tha ki main usske saath AJ aur Anji ki shaadi ke liye aaunga, lekin baad mein mujhe ek important meeting ke liye jaana pada, aur Riddhima mujhse gussa hoke Rahul aur Muski ke saath chali aayi. Bas, yehi baat hain. " Armaan said it effortlessly while Riddhima looked at him in surprise.

' Armaan ko kaise pata ki main Rahul aur Muski ke saath aayi thi? ' She wondered to herself. 

" Oho Riddhima! Itni si baat pe gussa ho gayi. Armaan ko zaroori kaam aa gaya hoga, toh iss liye nahin aa paaya. Iss mein kaunsi badi baat hain? Armaan aa toh gaya na? Ab chal Armaan ko maaf karde. " Riddhima looked at Padma, and then at Armaan, and then glared at the floor.

" Maine usse maaf kar diya. " She said through gritted teeth and crossed her arms. 

" Good girl. Ab chalo, main chalti hoon. Tum dono ko aaraam karne deti hoon. " Padma patted Riddhima's head and said with a smile while Riddhima looked at her in shock. 

" Matlab? "

" What do you mean by 'matlab'? Armaan yahin, tere kamre mein rahega. " Padma said trying to clear everything. Riddhima looked at her in disbelief. She and Armaan had to stay in one room, together, and that too, for 2 WHOLE MONTHS! Her head started to spin, and Riddhima slightly lost her balance and held the door for support. 

" Riddhima! Sab theek toh hain na? " Padma asked worriedly.

" Haan maa, main bilkul theek hoon. Woh bas thodi kamzoori hain. " Riddhima lied and looked at Armaan. He was trying to hide his smile, but was failing. She gave him a hard glare and turned to Padma.

" Achha beta, ab main chalti hoon. Tum dono aaraam kar lo. " She sweetly cupped both's faces together and then left. 

As soon as she left, Armaan picked up his bag, and went inside the room and plopped himself on the bed, while Riddhima was mad.