Cheer Tryouts

I walked upstairs to my room and got ready for bed when I realized I hadn't called my Dad yet. It was already 7am where he was and I decided to call him.

The phoned only ringed for about three rings when he picked up.

"Hey beautiful. How's my little princess?"

"Hi Daddy!! I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too Darling. How was your first day of school?"

"Wonderful. I made so many new friends and Tom was so helpful! He was like an amazing big brother today."

"I always loved that kid. Sweetheart, I'm in the limo with your mom, and you're Aunt and Uncle, how about we video call you?"

"Oh ok Daddy! Shep's asleep but let me go get Tom so he can see you guys too."

I hung up the phone and ran downstairs to get Tom. We both raced back up to catch their video call.

I clicked answer and immediately started crying. Every time I see my Daddy's face it makes me cry. I miss him so much. His job on the set of Supernatural was so time consuming and made it so we only saw him for 3 months of the year.

My Dad saw what happened and said, "oh baby, don't cry. You'll make me cry."

"I'm sorry Daddy. I'll keep myself together."

Tom decided to jump in. "Hey Dad!"

"Hey T! What's up my man?" Jared said putting on his beanie.

"Just got back from a party tonight. JJ got to come and it was a blast. She's friends with all the cheer leaders and..." Just as he said that I interrupted him.

"Daddy, my friends found out I was in gymnastics and wanted to know if I'd try out for the cheer team. Can I?"

He began, "I honestly would love you to, as long as you don't wear those trampy skirts and make-out with football players behind the football stadium."

Tom took his opportunity to tell my Dad, "I don't know about that Uncle J, she hit it off with my friend Jake tonight."

Jensen nearly choked on his champagne. "You met a who and did what?"

"I met a guy tonight Daddy. My friends had a party and we talked outside in the grass for hours. He was so sweet and all we did was talk. He asked me for my number and I gave it to him."

My dad set his drink down in the cup holder next to him. "That's it, Tom, I want you to take her phone and shove it down the garbage disposal."

"DADDY!!?"

Gen turned to my Dad and softly said, "Jensen, I've met this kid and he's played football with Tom for years. He's an awesome kid and I wouldn't trust anyone else better than Jake for JJ."

My Dad looked uneasy and upset but he let it go. "I just can't believe my little girl's growing up. I mean she's only got 4 years of high school left and then she's out of here."

"I'll always still be around Daddy. And I love you."

"I love you too Darling."

"So can I do it, can I tryout for Cheer?"

Jensen looked even more uneasy but finally said, "I guess."

"THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU DADDY!!!"

Their limo had arrived at the site of the convention and we had to end the call. We told our parents we loved them and that we'd call them tomorrow morning.

***********************************************

That next morning we talked to our parents, this time just over the phone and talked to them about their convention that day, and then got ready for school.