Do I Really Know Jake - Part 2 (Kick Off)

I'd been elected as the cheer captain, which was Hallie's job before, but the team decided to elect me so that I could still be on the team. I told the girls to forget about practice tonight and to go home and get ready for the big game. The Athletic Director let the football players do the same.
Jake drove Hallie and I to my house so we could get ready for tonight's game. He pulled up to my house, and just as I reached for the door handle of the car he locked the door. By hand he unlocked his own door, and ran around to unlock mine. Hallie was in the back fangirling over our relationship. He picked me up out of the car and carried me to the front door.
"I'm sorry about everything that went on today Jay, I wanted it to all be perfect for you but I should've been better about how I put it all together."
I stopped him right there, "No Jake. I'm the one who needs to be apologizing. I should've trusted that you loved me and I feel like such a..."
He interrupted me by pulling me in for yet another kiss. He didn't even make them seem boring. You know how some couples get bored kissing one another after a while. Jake was different. Every moment with him was a blessing. He always kissed me in the most beautiful way. His left hand went behind me embracing me, while his right ran his fingers through my hair. He stopped and looked at me, "I don't blame you Jay, but you've got to promise me something."
"What's that?"
"Promise me that you'll never forget how much I love you. Promise me that you'll never doubt how beautiful you are. And promise me that I'll never how to worry about losing you."
I just looked up at him and smiled, "I promise."
He always seemed to give me a fast kiss after he'd kissed me, saying goodbye. I loved how much taller he was than me because I loved it when he'd lift me up to him. I was this short 5'5 girl, and he was this tall 6'3 handsome man. I hated the moments when I wasn't around him. Just before he turned to leave I grabbed his hand and said, "Now you know what a jealous wreck I would be if you ever left or cheated."
He brought me in for one of his bear hugs and said, "I wouldn't dream of it." He walked off waving and said, "I'll see you tonight beautiful."
I walked inside to find my mom at the door. "Soooooo?"
"So what?"
"Soooo, tell me what happened with Jake."
"Oh mom, I'm such a mess!" I laughed and we walked into the kitchen. "When I saw him with another girl, I didn't realize it was Taylor from the team. And when I thought he had gotten her the earrings, he told me that he had bought them for me but was talking to some of the cheerleaders to see how I'd like them. I felt like such a complete idiot."
"Well you are a complete idiot." My mom said sarcastically while laughing.
"You're not helping!" I started laughing too. "Anyway, so after school he brought me out to the field and there was the cheer team and the football team all scattered out. I couldn't find Jake until he walked out from the scatter of guys. He walked up to me and told me that he'd gotten it approved for me to do the coin toss for tonight's game."
"Are you serious JJ!? Oh my gosh he is the cutest boyfriend."
"Then he handed me his red jersey." I pulled it out from my bag, "And he asked if I'd wear it in tonight's game."
My mom started freaking out.
"Then he handed me a little black box with these diamond earrings inside. I can't believe how much he likes to spoil me."
My mom grabbed the box. "Oh my gosh these look like the earrings your Dad got me for the season 11 premiere like twelve years ago."
"Do you still have them?"
"Of course!"
"Why don't we both wear them tonight?"
"Sure why not."
My mom started making us a smoothie and I went upstairs to get ready for the game. I fixed some of my curls in my hair, and reapplied my makeup since absolutely none of it was remaining. I put on my white skinny jeans and wore my Red Pumps on my right foot. I was getting really sick of my boot.
At about 5:30, my mom and I left to go pick up Hallie. We drove to the school because the cheerleaders and football players had to be there an hour early.
About a block from the school my Mom pulled over. Hallie and I both looked at her like she was crazy. "This is why we had to pick up Hallie so early."
She got out of the car and ran to my door to help me out. We were just standing on the side walk next to a row of bushes. "Seriously mom what are we doing here?"
Then all of a sudden I heard the bushes rumbling. Then out of no where, out popped my Dad and Uncle Jared. I wanted to cry!
"Daddy!!!!!!" I jumped up onto him and into his arms.
"Hey Princess!" He said laughing and wrapping his arms around me.
Uncle Jared decided he wanted to ruin the moment and wrap his arms around the both of us. We both just laughed.
Aunt Gen, along with Tom and Jake pulled up in Jakes truck. Tom got out of the car beating my Aunt Gen to see Jared.
It didn't matter that I had just seen my Dad on Monday, it always felt like forever with him. I was always missing him.
Tom asked the question all of us were wondering. "So we love seeing you guys, but what are you doing here?"
Jared laughed and said, "Danneel called us and told us that it was the first home game of the year and we couldn't resist." My dad piped in, "And of course I had to see my little girls man show off his skills. I gotta see if he's good enough for my girl." My dad winked at Jake just as he walked over to him. Jake put out his hand and shook hands with my Dad. "Good to see you again sir."
"You too, son."
Aunt Gen couldn't control herself and literally jumped on Uncle Jared. She placed her hands on his cheeks and kissed him. I always thought they were so adorable. He held her in his arms and asked, "where's my little nerd?"
Aunt Gen slapped him in the chest. "Don't call him a nerd, and if I would've known you were coming I would've had him come to the game."
"We'll come home for ice cream later to see the little gamer." My Dad said.
My Dad got in the car with us and he drove to the school. Jake drove Tom and his parents to the school. I wished he could have rode with us. I loved how he was getting so close to my Dad.
My Dad and Uncle Jared had to put on their disguises so they could stay for the game. Uncle Jared had on a beanie and sunglasses, and my Dad had on a Dallas Cowboys hat and his sunglasses too.
They sat in the stands with my mom and Aunt Gen. I got to sit down by the team and man the t-shirt gun. I could cheer with the team when we were standing and cheering, but I mostly just liked to sit in my wheel chair and watch Jake and Tom. Plus I looked better in Jakes uniform then the team uniform. Maybe a little good would come to this.
The game went on and the teams stayed pretty tied up. The score was 26-28 right now with 24 seconds left on the clock and we had to score to make it. It was fourth down and our only logical shot was score a field goal. I saw Jake and Tom run to each other in the field I figured they were deciding who would kick the field goal. I looked over to see them lining up. What the heck were they doing?
Tom hiked the ball to Jake and took off between two guys who obviously didn't see that coming. He was ten yards past them, and ten yards to the goal zone. Jake threw him the ball at a beautiful arch and with two seconds on the clock he caught the ball winning the game for us. I dropped the gun and ran onto the field towards Jake and Tom. I jumped on Jake and hugged him as he swung me around in circles. He put me down, took off his helmet revealing an extremely sweaty head and face. He spit his mouth guard out onto the ground. Then there went his hands where they always went. He kissed me softly for a moment, and then he picked me up and pulled me into him as I wrapped my legs around his torso. He stopped and looked at me, "danget Jay!" He started laughing. "You wear that jersey better than I do!!"
I just laughed placing my hands on his cheeks and kissing him softly once again.
"Wanna come over for ice cream with my Dad tonight?"
"I'd love to!" Jake said letting me down. He grabbed my hand and we started walking off the field. It was then we noticed we were the only ones there and everyone in the stands could have been watching us.
Jake took Tom and I home, while our parents rode home together. We pulled up into the drive way and saw Shep waiting for us. He must've heard his Dad was in town.
We all went in and my Dad got out the ice cream and pulled out the bananas, chocolate syrup, whipping cream and cherries. We all just shoved a bunch of ingredients into a bowl and made a complete mess. We all piled into the family room and sat on the couches. Jake and I sat on the floor. He sat against the wall and I sat I between his legs resting my arms on him as he wrapped his arms around me. I was surprised my Dad was so comfortable with this.
I decided to ask him about it. "Ok Dad, I have to know. How come you're so cool with Jake and I? Most Dads would be flipping out."
My Dad sat on the smaller couch with his arm around my moms. "I'm not sure. There's just something about this kid that I really like. He kind of reminds me of myself." He laughed and pulled my mom into him to kiss her on her forehead.
"Well thank you sir." Jake said my Dad. "I'll always take care of your princess and treat her like she's my queen."
My dad snapped his fingers, "And that's why I like you son!"
We all spent the rest of the night talking about the game and telling stories about what's happened the past few weeks. We talked about the convention with Hallie, and our trip to the barn the weekend before. I always had the funnest time sitting and telling stories with my Dad. We actually got him to spill some stuff about supernatural. The night was amazing and we were excited to be together again. I just couldn't wait for tomorrow. My Dad promised me a Daddy-Daughter day!!!